YES 40th anniversary tour

The genius of Chris Squire
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Re: YES 40th anniversary tour

Post by just_bassics »

I received my tickets yesterday for the Hershey, PA show. Don't really want to dwell on what I paid 'cause it gets me upset, but it will be worth it by show time. I guess as long as we pay it, they'll keep piling on the fees. I remember my first YES concert, 1974... tickets were two prices - $6.00 and $8.00 - I feel old :o

Post by 2112 »

just_bassics wrote:I received my tickets yesterday for the Hershey, PA show. Don't really want to dwell on what I paid 'cause it gets me upset, but it will be worth it by show time. I guess as long as we pay it, they'll keep piling on the fees. I remember my first YES concert, 1974... tickets were two prices - $6.00 and $8.00 - I feel old :o
Yeah, I bet ticket scalpers were getting at least $15.00 for those $8.00 tickets! :mrgreen:
What a RIP-OFF!! :wink:
seyesbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by seyesbass »

Jim,
I have a YES ticket here for 50p ( $1)!!!
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

I can't believe what 4 tickets & one night in the Hard Rock hotel cost ..... :(

Unless ELP tours, this is probably my last live show......or CS in some small venue....this is it. JUST FREAKING INSANE.
seyesbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by seyesbass »

By comparison with UK prices I think you guys have come off lightly.
We saw McCartney at the MEN Arena in Manchester four years ago and paid £60 ($120) each for front stalls seats.
Yes tickets for the same venue on the last tour were £45 ($90) each for the same area.
The Australian Pink Floyd Show are charging $50 for tickets at Manchester Apollo and they are a Tribute band!
brianeharmonjr
Intermediate Member

Post by brianeharmonjr »

Chicago question: Anyone know what the closest hotel to the Chicago show would be? Are there any within walking distance? I think I'm going to camp out for the night instead of going for the 3 hour drive home after the show. Maybe I'll even stop by CMX and play some badly set-up Rics the next day.
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

We just got our tickets for the last show of the North American leg of the tour at the Gibson Amphitheater on the 22nd of August. I just couldn't do the $125.00 seats up front so we're sitting in my faveorite spot in the center if the upper balcony. Only 5 rows in front of us and a clear view of the stage for $65.00 apiece.
brianeharmonjr
Intermediate Member

Post by brianeharmonjr »

Anyone know anything about Jon's health? I know that the yesworld site says he had a severe asthma attack. I hope he's alright.

Post by 2112 »

From Yesworld.com:
May 21, 2008 - Jon Anderson Update
Jon Anderson is currently at home and resting comfortably following his severe asthma attack on May 13th.

Post by 2112 »

Tour is cancelled.
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

Please link your source for this information. I've been to YesWorld, NFTE, Steve and Chris's sites and cannot find this update. I do, however, have a suspicion that it is correct, since Jon's health issues arose, I've been sort of expecting something. But I want to be sure before posting anything more....

And, yes, let's all hope that Jon is doing well.
phlemmy

Post by phlemmy »

Legendary rock band YES announced today that the group will unfortunately be canceling their 2008 40th Anniversary Tour. The 26-city tour was scheduled to kick off in Quebec next month and run through the summer.

YES frontman and founding member Jon Anderson was admitted to the hospital last month after suffering a severe asthma attack. He has now been diagnosed with acute respiratory failure and was told by doctors this weekend that he needs to rest and not work for a period of at least six months or suffer further health complications. Upon receiving this news the band has determined that their tour plans need to be put on hold.

Ticket refunds will be available at the point of purchase.

Said Jon Anderson, "In the wake of my recent respiratory attack, doctors have advised me to spend the coming months resting and recovering. Unfortunately, this means I won't be able to tour with YES this summer as originally planned. I'd like everyone know how deeply disappointed I am by this turn of events. I was looking forward to celebrating our music with the amazing family of YES fans once again; but as we all know, health must come before anything else. Wishing you all the very best..."

Said Chris Squire, "We were all looking forward to performing for our fans after a prolonged leave of absence from touring. I am especially regretful of the fact that I know many of our fans and friends have probably laid out non-refundable airfares and hotels, etc. in order to enjoy the YES shows this summer. Please join me in wishing Jon a speedy return to health, which at this point in time is our main concern."
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

This reminds me of the cancellation of the "More Drama Tour" a couple years ago. Like that tour, this promised to be a once in a lifetime show. I'm seriously bummed, but am glad that Jon will take the time for a full recovery before he performs again. On the upside, I now have money to pay for the SoCal Confluence in two months.
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

aceonbass wrote:This reminds me of the cancellation of the "More Drama Tour" a couple years ago. Like that tour, this promised to be a once in a lifetime show. I'm seriously bummed, but am glad that Jon will take the time for a full recovery before he performs again. On the upside, I now have money to pay for the SoCal Confluence in two months.
Dane, please don't remind me of that! I had tickets to the show in Pittsburgh, the day after returning home from vacation - thought the summer was going to end perfectly... :x The, I finally got a copy of "Syndestructible" and was really disappointed, (not with the CD, but the cancellation) as that CD has become my favourite "solo" record from any Yes member, at least until I play FOOW or "The Steve Howe Album" again. DRAMA remains one of my all time favourite Yes albums - I was in South America when it was released and missed the tour.

The biggest disappoint for me, however, remains the 1977(?) cancellation of the Led Zeppelin tour due to the death of Robert Plant's son. Tickets were mail order only and I had center stage, eight rows back - couldn't believe it - but the bad news came about Plant and no one cared about missing a concert. I'd much rather miss the Yes concert than see them performing CPR on someone because he didn't take his doctor's advice. Jon is a spiritual and health conscious guy, he'll do the right thing and they will be back when it's time.

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”