So Cal 2008

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

windchimp
Intermediate Member

Re: So Cal 2008

Post by windchimp »

If you SoCal guys allow interlopers from the right coast, I may be able to drop in if my business travel finds me in the area at the appropriate time. Wait - that's Labor Day weekend? That could be a tough one. :cry:
"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

I can do it too.
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

+2
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Moi...... if I can get my finances in order!! :roll:
charlyg

Post by charlyg »

fine with me
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

I talked to Patricia at the Holiday Inn on Friday, and the ballroom there rents for about the same amount, and we could play until 10 p.m. or so as long as we didn't become obnoxious. It's been booked for August 9-10, but is currently available for the other weekends.

One alternative to providing sodas and water in the room is to let everyone fend for themselves, meaning that they'd need to get refreshments from the hotel's vending machines or restaurant (which wasn't open all hours we were there). We decided last year to provide refreshments as a convenience to those attending. I guess to keep the cost down we could have someone act as bartender and divvy out a small amounts at a time in plastic cups ... there were a lot of partially full cans and bottles left around the room every day ...
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

I spoke to Mary at the Double Tree Club. There were only two weekends available; July 26 & 27 (Sat & Sun), however she was pretty sure that a customer was in planning on having a wedding there on the 26th, so that would just leave us with just Sunday. The other weekend available there is Aug 30 & 31 (Sat & Sun). I guess since that is Labor Day weekend, it would be the last one available. That's why I asked who would be interested in that weekend. It really doesn't pay to get that weekend at the Double Tree Club if there will not be enough people able to come then.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Let's put it another way, to those who would have to travel, who is up for a SoCal confluence this year if the date was convenient?
mrs_brown
Intermediate Member

Post by mrs_brown »

the Garner/Brown's would love to go!
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

mrs_brown wrote:the Garner/Brown's would love to go!
I'd love to see them there!! :D
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

Everyone who can come should list the dates that they can come. This info can be tabulated and a weekend picked that covers the most people.
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

I'm in. It would be better for me if it were in early August.

"Ricky Girl" Sarah can make it if it's in early August. She's off line at the moment-on a trip to Macon , GA, from her home in the UK.

I'll try to talk some of my other local Rick-playing friends into showing up and making a small donation as well. What's not to like about showing up to an event where one would see more Ricks in one place than anywhere else on the planet, and more unique and unusual Ricks at that. I hope some of the guys will be bringing along some of the lovely creations completed by Paul and Dale. I hope mine's done by then so I can show it off! :wink: :wink:

I have a couple of guitar amps that I could bring. I'd be willing to bring up to two from the pile: Two AC30s, a Blackface Super Rev RI, the blonde hi/lo power Twin that I brought last year, a Blackface Twin RI, and a `63 Brownface Twin that I really don't like the tone of and would prefer to leave home.

Which one of the guys had the really cool, compact PA setup last year? That thing was really cool, and very convenient to break down and carry to and from the club. The only difficulty in loading the gear in/out was navigating the deeply cracked and potholed lot at Malone's-it was kind of like those NASA photos of the dark side of the moon...
Last edited by paologregorio on Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

paologregorio wrote:Which one of the guys had the really cool, compact PA setup last year? That thing was really cool, and very convenient to break down and, and carry to and from the club.
The P.A. is Gary's.
myfretless

Post by myfretless »

How about a vote (not necessarily a commitment, but a voice as to which weekend would work best for you):
Votes
July 25-27
Aug 1-3
Aug 8-10
Aug 15-17
Aug 22-24
Aug 29-31

(That last weekend is also Labor Day weekend and a word of wisdom to the out-of-towners: Disneyland will be so crowded that if you tried to go that Monday, it possible could ruin your vacation with how long the lines are, the heat, etc.)
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

I'm available anytime.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”