So Cal 2008

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

paologregorio

Re: So Cal 2008

Post by paologregorio »

1st Choice: Aug 1-3

2nd choice: July 25-27
charlyg

Post by charlyg »

jingle_jangle wrote:I'm available anytime.
Me too, i would rather abstain from the vote and let it go to the date that most others want.
qwezirider
Intermediate Member

Post by qwezirider »

rickenbrother wrote:Okay, who would be coming to a last weekend of August confluence (only weekend a particular hotel is available).
Pending my wife's other plans for me, I think that would be a good one for me.
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

While any weekend in August is fine with me, I'd really prefer the Doubletree since it looks to cost about the same and it's such a NICE,open room with high ceilings adjacent to a bar and restaraunt and far away from hotel guests. One thing that occured to me was that since the Confluence probably wont be on a Friday this year, I won't have to take a day off, which of course costs money too. This alone should make it much more affordable for local forum members too.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

I'll be available any time. I'm hoping to make this year's trip a 4 or 5 week affair in order to spend some time with other forumites, so I guess SoCal could be the start of all that. I can start booking flights, etc. when a date for SoCal is finalized.

BTW...... my vote would be for the Doubletree Club if it's at all possible and I'm happy to contribute to costs.

I should have a 350v63 MG there to muck around with too! :mrgreen:
mrs_brown
Intermediate Member

Post by mrs_brown »

The earlier in August the better for me personally. I start work Aug 15ish.. and I cannot take off the first week of school again.. it just doesn't look good. I am sure those with school issues would agree. Once school starts it is all over but the crying. So I vote earlier.. and I have no opinion on location as we seemed to make it work out fine last year.. no complaints from me.
charlyg

Post by charlyg »

An onsite Radio Shack would have been nice!!!
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

Who needs Radio Shack when we have you and your trusy soldering iron Charly :lol:
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

mrs_brown wrote:The earlier in August the better for me personally.
Well, I think we are going t be able to accommodate you with that Tammy! :D I think it is going to be the first weekend of August. More details to follow.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
mrs_brown
Intermediate Member

Post by mrs_brown »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D That makes it so much better for me! And a great way to end my summer vacation! You guys are the best I can't wait to see everyone again.
Rickygirl

Post by Rickygirl »

Hi Folks
I am now back from my Georgia jaunt and completely in love with the Southern States!!

Please don't make it any earlier than August as that first weekend is a bit of a struggle for me. My band have been asked to play a (very, very) small music festival and it is a big deal for us. We have never done anything so adventurous. The date is not set yet, but it is likely to be the end of July, so I will be struggling. It may even be early August, in which case, I am not sure what I will do. For me, the second weekend would have been perfect, but I am the new girl and so you old hands need to be sorted first.

It would be really helpful to know definate dates as soon as possible so I can make some harsh decisions if I have to. I am really looking forward and hoping to meeting everybody.

Sarah
"You can't separate Sarah from her RickenBACKers"

http://www.myspace.com/transientfew
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Thanks for the input, Sarah.
aceonbass wrote:... the Doubletree [has] ... such a NICE,open room with high ceilings adjacent to a bar and restaraunt and far away from hotel guests ...
The ballrooms at the two locations being considered are nearly the same size:
Doubletree Club Ballroom 56' x 33'
Doubletree Club Ballroom 56' x 33'
Holiday Inn Ballroom 57' x 31'
Holiday Inn Ballroom 57' x 31'
As I mentioned before, the HI ballroom (which has a ceiling higher than that of the Doubletree Club!) is down a short hallway from the restaurant/bar area.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

Oh...well that's very different. Never mind.
leesh
Advanced Member

Post by leesh »

I'll be there regardless of time or place. Just let me know when & where :)
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

doctorwho wrote: The ballrooms at the two locations being considered are nearly the same size:
I know that a few of the people who were at last years SoCal confuence saw the ballroom on the other side of the bar and restaurant and even commented that it would be a nice room to do the confluence in.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”