Stupid question I know, but......

The genius of Chris Squire
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Stupid question I know, but......

Post by ajish4 »

Ok, I know, stupid question....BUT........Does Chris ALWAYS play (facing the stage) on the RIGHT SIDE?

EVERY show I've ever seen, he does.....but we're going to the box office for tickets and I JUST want to make sure where to try to get my seats....

PLEASE, PLEASE let me get floor seats! :)

ANY ticket tips, like HOW EARLY to get on line?
wints
Veteran RRF member

Re: Stupid question I know, but......

Post by wints »

What about when the stage was circular and went round.... :D
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Now I’ve never had the pleasure of seeing YES live but I’m sure he’s on the right-hand, as you look at it, side of the stage in every pic/vid I’ve seen.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Regardless of what tickets you get Tony, Chris will be on the other side of the stage! :shock:
seyesbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by seyesbass »

As far as I can remember Chris always played on the right as you view the stage.
There are the odd photos from early Yes gigs where Chris is on the other side.
From my experience on bass its logical to play on the snare side of the kit which is where right handed drummers face most of the time and you dont tend to have cymbals and floor toms in the way and you can hear the hi-hat and snare clearly.
Steve Howe has free reign on his side ( you know no one is allowed on his rug!) and with Rick next to Chris he doesnt have the keys mushing up his guitar sound when its in the same range.On the bigger stages in the mid 70s they moved Moraz around behind Steve and Chris but generally the set up is as it was during the Yessongs years.Jon stands off centre towards Steve and the whole thing is more balanced to the eye.
I always wonder how bands can hear whats going on when you see a set up with the bass and guitar amps crammed together...then again if its just blues rock its ok but for the intricacies of Yes the sound on stage needs to be clear....and loud.
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

seyesbass wrote:Steve Howe has free reign on his side ( you know no one is allowed on his rug!)
Ha! :lol:

Post by 2112 »

90% of the time Chris is on the right side (as you look at it) of the stage, The other 10% he's either checking in with Allan or visiting Steve.

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”