RIO PICTURES

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Re: RIO PICTURES

Post by johnallg »

Let me say this - with those two in the room there's never a dull moment! I sure hope they're getting home in good order with no snags. They are supposed to be flying Monday.
8mileshigh

Post by 8mileshigh »

We're back!! Landed at 6:30am and in the office by 10:30am! Pete got home safe too. If it wasn't for the photos, I would deny all knowledge of being there :shock:

Man.......I got REALLY wasted.......once again SORRY STEVE!! :oops:

I think I speak for Pete as well when I say we had just the best weekend (and the worst hangover ever!.........well maybe that was just me?) It was great to meet up with all of our forum friends, some for the first time and I hope NOT the last. Thanks to Jeff and Shari for making it all happen and Jeff, please thank your friend Dave for dinner Saturday night, he was a real gent! Even though I insisted Pete pay the bill, Dave grabbed it.....THANK YOU!!

My only regret was not being able to spend more time talking to all of you guys. It is a truly special group of people we have here, let's not ever forget that! Can't wait to do it all again..........although next time............NO SHOTS!!!!! :lol:
leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

jps wrote:Pete trying to play like John Simmons! 8)
It should have read, 'Pete playing BETTER than John Simmons'...... :D
leftyguitars
Advanced Member

Post by leftyguitars »

I'm home safe and sound too. I can only echo what Graham has said apart from the best bit for me was hearing Graham turning himself inside out in the shower the following morning. :lol:

It was great to actually meet so many forum members in one go. Apart from Graham (who doesn't count anyway) I think that Paul B. was the only person in the room that I had actually met in person before then. Jeff and Shari, you both did a stirling job getting the whole thing together.

I'll have to admit that I too over indulged slightly with the alcohol that evening but unlike Graham I am a Yorkshireman and Yorkshire folk don't easily part with things that have been paid for!

Luckily for me Graham fell asleep in seconds that night so at least I didn't have to go through him saying "Did I tell you that I love you Peter, hic, you're my best friend in the whole world, hic, I didn't disgrace myself tonight, did I? hic, Ohhh, I think I'm going to be... BLEAURGGGH". :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If only quilted maple grew on trees!"
http://www.leftyguitars.co.uk
mrs_brown
Intermediate Member

Post by mrs_brown »

Word of warning if you ask Graham if he is going to get sick and he says.."Not Yet..." Go ahead and pull over.... :roll:
8mileshigh

Post by 8mileshigh »

Whoops :oops:
leftyguitars
Advanced Member

Post by leftyguitars »

It could have been much worse Tammy, he could have been sitting between us in the back with no window access.
mrs_brown
Intermediate Member

Post by mrs_brown »

Graham.. I have never laughed so hard or smiled so much it was well worth the trip! (the laughter part I mean)
Peter..Yewww (on second thought that pretty much guarantees you window access doesn't it?)
8mileshigh

Post by 8mileshigh »

Laughing with me........or at me? :oops:
leftyguitars
Advanced Member

Post by leftyguitars »

Definitely at you!

Here is the living proof (taken in the dark without a flash).
Hurling comp.jpg
8mileshigh

Post by 8mileshigh »

What a true friend you are...........NOT!!!! :evil:
8mileshigh

Post by 8mileshigh »

I wasn't the only drunk was I? The two Jeffs look completely smashed to me.........whilst I look completely sober!!! :?
Attachments
me-and-2-jeffs.jpg
8mileshigh

Post by 8mileshigh »

Do you think Steve knew what was going to happen, just a few hours later?........................ :oops:
Attachments
steve-looks-mad!.jpg
mrs_brown
Intermediate Member

Post by mrs_brown »

If I recall correctly there was a toasted girl in a denim skirt, and that tatooed girl that swore like a sailor..(no offense to any sailors out there) But you were definetly in the top three... and I was definetly laughing with you... only once or twice at you.. you can absolutely reserve the right to return the favor at you first opportunity! :D
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Graham, I know what went wrong. You went to a Rick confluence, then went drinking with a Fender shirt on. That combo doesn't mix well. :mrgreen:
I can tell I'm right, by the pic of you with Jeff S and Jeffy T. :lol:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”