A Venture

The genius of Chris Squire
miguelbass

A Venture

Post by miguelbass »

Hello everyone,

My last bass cover clip is "A Venture". A song that was kind of forgotten by the band but to my knowledge has always been very appreciated by the fans.
It's got a sort of different flavour, maybe with some elements of the 60's.
The rhythm section evolves as the song goes on, from the more simple two-beat pattern to the final solo on a more bluesy Chris Squire.
I tried to increase the fade-out volume as to get as many of the song as I could, then I remixed the piano intro to give it an end.
It would be extremely interesting if Yes would publish the full version unfaded because in the last second Steve Howe starts making a crazy solo.
Anyone who has other recording of this song maybe can tell how did they finish this song live?
This and other subjects or comments related with "A Venture" could be discussed here.

Here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HchXlweVAg

Miguel
wints
Veteran RRF member

Re: A Venture

Post by wints »

Nice job...

One of my fav Squire showings.
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

Hey, Miguel, excellent job, as usual. Nice of you to bring some of these sleeper pieces to life again. A Venture is on of my favorites, especially Tony and Bill's work at the end. I too would like to heat the rest of Steve's solo.

This song was discussed here a year or two ago. Lots of us would like to see it performed live. BTW, nice way to fill the empty chair, very imaginative :D
ram

Post by ram »

Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.... thanks Miguel great job per-normal! A great blast from the past.
tallpat1

Post by tallpat1 »

Nice work on one of my fav Yes tunes I have a suggestion for your next video "Perpetual Change"

Love the bass work in that song
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

tallpat1 wrote:Nice work on one of my fav Yes tunes I have a suggestion for your next video "Perpetual Change"

Love the bass work in that song
Bizzare! I had Perpetual Change going through my head today as I tried to work on A Venture! What I'd like Miguel to work on sometime is America. :wink:
miguelbass

Post by miguelbass »

Hello Good People!

Thanks for your comments on this clip. Yes I will take in consideration your suggestions. America also crossed my mind, and Perpetual Change.
I am taking some days off and that's why haven't been so much around, but I am thinking about the next ones and I will take my Yescography with me and listen around a lot.
Also, the YT audio thingy seems to be healed but I haven't checked with my videos, I will make some experiments when possible.

greetings to you all

Miguel
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Always a pleasure, Miguel. We'll all be awaiting your next "venture". There, full circle! :lol:

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”