What do you have? And what made you buy it?

Reports from the United Kingdom
kerchang

Re: What do you have? And what made you buy it?

Post by kerchang »

Brighton Dome 1978 - The Jam "All Mod Cons" Tour. Ticket cost £1.25 (still have the stub!) Weller walked on with a Ric 330
fireglo...OMG! Instant guitar envy! Even more awe-inspiring is the Burgundyglo 330 he straps on halfway thru the set... 8)
The gig was to change my life for good and set me off on a frenzied search for a BG 330....I will never forget the impact that wound-up 330 had on my ears...what a fantastic sound....what a fantastic looking guitar!
Found one in Worthing (Broadway Music) & persuaded my mum to help me set up an HP deal on it....£320.00! In '80 that was a bleedin' fortune! I was on £30.00 a week! Deal done & I take home a BG 330 and then spend every waking hour of freetime learning to play it thru my £50.00 Vox AC30 (another part of Weller's gear at that gig).
Let me just say...I look back at all the gigs and experiences I've shared with that guitar & count myself one lucky member of that class of '78. :D Thanks Mum x
tamborineman

Post by tamborineman »

Hi Simon.The 330 may have cost a fortune but that 50 pound Vox AC-30 sounds like a heck of a deal! 8) :mrgreen:
scotty

Post by scotty »

great story Simon! mum to the rescue. :D
kerchang

Post by kerchang »

Glad you enjoyed my trip down memory lane guys. Around that time you could pick up a Vox amp for next-to-nothing...
the only amp players were after at that time was Marshall. Nice one PW.
Just checked my ticket stub....actually cost £1.70. Tuesday 21st November 1978...superb (Patrick Fitzgerald & The Dickies were support) 8)

Return to “United Kingdom Chapter”