MARF Pics

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

gregga41
RRF Consultant

Re: MARF Pics

Post by gregga41 »

I hope you washed that t-shirt Trotty! :lol: Fantastic video, what a great assembly of Ricks! :D
86kubicki
Advanced Member

Post by 86kubicki »

Thanks for the updates Ross and Steve. One request - more pics, more video, more more more!!!! :)
Damn, wish I could have made it. :( Next year for sure!
rush_fan

Post by rush_fan »

Hi All,

I was there about 2- 2 1/2 hours today. Thanks to all who just came up and started chatting with me. To summurize my experience, I felt like a minnow in a lake full of Big Fish. It was great just to sit back and listen. It is amazing the amount of knowledge you all have. I learned alot today. THANK YOU!

As far as the instruments, WOW!!!!! I felt like the kid in the perverbial candy store. It did get me to put into perspective as to what my next bass may be. I had a chance to share with some of you my story about trading in my Silver 85 4003 for a 2008 JG recently. About 2 months afterwards, my wife gave me a green light to have 2 basses. UUHHGGG!! Now she tells me. I'm interested in a 4004 but who knows.

Again, Thank you all for the education today.

Steve

ps... Thanks to Chris Clayton for the his hospitality and for the use of his store!
2008 4003 Jet Glo, Previous 1985 4003 Silver.
Wurlitzer

Post by Wurlitzer »

Hats off to you chris; you pulled it off.

cheers
Last edited by Wurlitzer on Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marc61

Post by marc61 »

I might have to shoot myself not saying hello to Paul or Howard...

but it was a great day...my son left feeling very inspired about music, which was my goal...he also left with a tired hand...nice job with the jams guys...

A lot of wonderful instruments.. Aquabass gets my vote for festival favorite however...

Chris is just such a gracious host. He set up an awesome environment for the day.How he got the sun to come out, and a 70 degree day in the middle of November is beyond me.
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Awesome pics, guys.... I'm jealous! :mrgreen:

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to another Confluence someday.... :roll:
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Was I there?? Must have slept through it.................... :lol:
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
dr_bob
RRF Consultant

Post by dr_bob »

Howard, I think I was there with you. Did you see us?

Great stuff folks.
The world is made of stories not atoms and every guitar has a story.
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Last year's event at POR was in April, and it was another beautiful couple of days with a high temp around 80F. How does Chris do it? See, I shoulda been there

Did the guy with the '62 Fireglo 4000 ever show?

And who was the guy in the wheelchair?
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Thanks for sharing with us! :D :)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

doctorwho wrote:Thanks for sharing with us! :D :)
+1 I agree. That was great.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

bassduke49 wrote:Last year's event at POR was in April, and it was another beautiful couple of days with a high temp around 80F. How does Chris do it? See, I shoulda been there

Paul, he didn't come. That was gonna be one of my own highlights as well....unfortunately it wasn't meant to be........
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

bassduke49 wrote:Last year's event at POR was in April, and it was another beautiful couple of days with a high temp around 80F. How does Chris do it? See, I shoulda been there

Greg Alpaugh, I hope I spelled that right! He is another lefty bassist. Sorry you had to miss this one, Paul; this was the best so far of any confluence, plus the catered party tonight had a wonderful host band, Chris Clayton's band, and man, were they fantastic. So was all the jamming/entertainment.

I have to thank Kenny and Darren for the best jam, to me, anyway. We have never played together and we pulled of a killer version of Won't Get Fooled Again. :D
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

[quote="jps" wrote:

Greg Alpaugh, I hope I spelled that right! He is another lefty bassist. Sorry you had to miss this one, Paul; this was the best so far of any confluence, plus the catered party tonight had a wonderful host band, Chris Clayton's band, and man, were they fantastic. So was all the jamming/entertainment.

I have to thank Kenny and Darren for the best jam, to me, anyway. We have never played together and we pulled of a killer version of Won't Get Fooled Again. :D
"jps"]

I have to thank Kenny and Darren for the best jam, to me, anyway. We have never played together and we pulled of a killer version of Won't Get Fooled Again. :D[/quote]
Hey there!!!!! Greg Alpaugh---LeftyRickBass here!!!!! YES Jeff...you spelled my name right.
I am the guy in the wheelchair.
This was my FIRST ever MARF event. All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!! It was an absolutely incredible event.

My hats off to Chris and Shelby, and EVERYONE else who took part in the planning of MARF 2008.
It was LITERALLY one of THE best times of my life!!!!!
I was in Rickenbacker HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!

LeftyRickBass
BTW----The Lefty Fireglo within the pic is mine. Bought at P.O.T.R.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Cool, Greg! Congratulations on the big day.

I secretly envy leftys because their Ricks seem to be happier. Just look at the way they smile :D
All I wanna do is rock!

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”