Drugs in Rock`n`Roll

Rock, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Country, Progressive and Metal music from 70’s on.
scotty

Re: Drugs in Rock`n`Roll

Post by scotty »

Moving on to another belter that still today sounds fantastic.the stranglers golden brown,and i dont think its about Demerara Sugar?
still one of my favorite from the 80`s
captsandwich
Intermediate Member

Post by captsandwich »

I was just watching that vid the other day. The stranglers are one of those no middle ground bands for me. I love some of their stuff and despise their other stuff.
Another classic about drugs, originally written by DeeDee Ramone, but Johnny Ramone refused to play it:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6_-HR3R72hc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6_-HR3R72hc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
lyle_from_minneapolis
Advanced Member

Post by lyle_from_minneapolis »

It's hard to deny the influence drugs had on Rubber Soul or Sgt Pepper...but I have always advised performers that if they're getting high for their own performances, chances are they are going to sound worse. One's performance is for others to enjoy...if you are enjoying it more because you're flying on something, you are probably cheating your audience.
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

Jonesey

Post by Jonesey »

I don't mean to glorify anything and I know quite well that too many drugs can ruin lives.
But I do enjoy smoking pot on a regular basis and do some MDMA or psychedelics once a month. We're sometimes stoned when we rehearse or record, but at gigs I'm quite modest - just a few drags to relax.
And I'm an on-schedule guy who's almost never late for rehearsals.

If taken responsibly many illegal drugs is less harmfull than getting drunk once a week. And I feel it liberates my mind - makes improvisation easier when used in moderate amounts and around people I feel comfortable about. Alchohol never really worked for me, it just makes me feel plain stupid. But I guess that's very individual.

Return to “Groove Yard: by Admin”