Yamaha SC300T classic surf guitar?

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

Re: Yamaha SC300T classic surf guitar?

Postby (jps) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:42 pm

The supply is from Hetch Hetchy Reservoir and I have hiked around the lake a couple times; I could swear I was tripping while up there. :twisted:
"It is better to have talent and not be recognized for it than it is to be recognized as having no talent." - JPS
User avatar
(jps)
RRF Consultant
 
Posts: 35974
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:00 am
Location: Not of this Earth

Re: Yamaha SC300T classic surf guitar?

Postby (kiramdear) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:10 pm

The reservoir is huge, Jeff. If you walked around it twice you were just hyperventilating :P
All I wanna do is rock!
User avatar
(kiramdear)
RRF Moderator
 
Posts: 9045
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:51 am
Location: Out there

Re: Yamaha SC300T classic surf guitar?

Postby (kiramdear) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:14 pm

kiramdear wrote:The reservoir is huge, Jeff. If you walked around it twice you were just hyperventilating :P


There's a lot of old indigenous spirits floating around them parts too. Maybe they were picking on you :P


EDIT: Soory my typewroter is out of whack, it's come to quoting and conversing with myself d'oh! :twisted: :roll:
All I wanna do is rock!
User avatar
(kiramdear)
RRF Moderator
 
Posts: 9045
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:51 am
Location: Out there

Re: Yamaha SC300T classic surf guitar?

Postby (jps) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:37 pm

Well, we didn't actually hike all the away around, just to the waterfall and a bit past it. I do have some nice photographs. :D
"It is better to have talent and not be recognized for it than it is to be recognized as having no talent." - JPS
User avatar
(jps)
RRF Consultant
 
Posts: 35974
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:00 am
Location: Not of this Earth

Re: Yamaha SC300T classic surf guitar?

Postby (cjj) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:50 pm

jps wrote:The supply is from Hetch Hetchy Reservoir and I have hiked around the lake a couple times; I could swear I was tripping while up there. :twisted:


Hey, I've walked around that reservoir! Pretty place, only I wasn't tripping, just adding to it... :twisted: :twisted:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
User avatar
(cjj)
RRF Moderator
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:17 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: Yamaha SC300T classic surf guitar?

Postby (jps) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:53 pm

cjj wrote:
jps wrote:The supply is from Hetch Hetchy Reservoir and I have hiked around the lake a couple times; I could swear I was tripping while up there. :twisted:


Hey, I've walked around that reservoir! Pretty place, only I wasn't tripping, just adding to it... :twisted: :twisted:

You know, Kira and Paul drank that! :lol:
"It is better to have talent and not be recognized for it than it is to be recognized as having no talent." - JPS
User avatar
(jps)
RRF Consultant
 
Posts: 35974
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:00 am
Location: Not of this Earth

Re: Yamaha SC300T classic surf guitar?

Postby (kiramdear) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:06 pm

:shock: :shock: Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwww!!!!!!!

That's so gross ... :twisted:

Don't pee in the pool, eh?
All I wanna do is rock!
User avatar
(kiramdear)
RRF Moderator
 
Posts: 9045
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:51 am
Location: Out there

Re: Yamaha SC300T classic surf guitar?

Postby (johnallg) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:13 pm

I promise not to swim in your toilet if you don't pee in my pool! :lol: Honestly, there are all sorts of aquatic and avian lifeforms living in and around the reservoir. No doubt the water is well-treated before distribution - with the drip! :twisted: :lol:

Talk about thread drift!!!!!!!

[Listening to Roy Orbison singing Pretty Paper][Willie does it better]
User avatar
(johnallg)
Rick-a-holic
 
Posts: 17688
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:13 pm

Re: Yamaha SC300T classic surf guitar?

Postby (jingle_jangle) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:03 am

johnallg wrote:
[Listening to Roy Orbison singing Pretty Paper][Willie does it better]


Nope. I've learned to, er, like Willie, but Roy does that one, all wrapped up and sweet, better than anyone. I first heard that one on my transistor, riding the El in Chicago, downtown to pick up my first combo organ.
User avatar
(jingle_jangle)
RRF Moderator
 
Posts: 22658
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:00 am
Location: Attritus nunquam subsisto hic...

Re: Yamaha SC300T classic surf guitar?

Postby (johnallg) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:08 am

jingle_jangle wrote:
johnallg wrote:
[Listening to Roy Orbison singing Pretty Paper][Willie does it better]


Nope. I've learned to, er, like Willie, but Roy does that one, all wrapped up and sweet, better than anyone. I first heard that one on my transistor, riding the El in Chicago, downtown to pick up my first combo organ.

Each their own, I guess. For me Willie Nelson's version is the one I like more. Merry Christmas! :)
User avatar
(johnallg)
Rick-a-holic
 
Posts: 17688
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:13 pm

Previous

Return to The Others: by CJ Johansson

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests