Lost my job

Let's talk guitar amplfiers

Moderator: jingle_jangle

beatlefreak

Re: Lost my job

Post by beatlefreak »

Good luck, Greg, I know what you're going through. I am, too.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

You'll find something Kris. Keep plugging away. Someone will be happy they found you.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
sharkboy

Post by sharkboy »

I just saw this. I'm bummed. I experienced some rough times for quite some time. No guarantees that they won't come back.

I will keep an ear to the ground- a little hard to put two on at once.
soundmasterg
RRF Consultant

Post by soundmasterg »

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I really appreciate it. I'm hoping for something sooner rather than later, but all I can do is keep looking and applying at places. At least I have a little more time to play my Rics!

Greg
scott_s
Veteran RRF member

Post by scott_s »

Wow, sorry to hear about it Greg. Hope you can find something good soon. I've got my job for now, but the downtown is really starting to hit the avionics market, so things are tense!

- Scott
sharkboy

Post by sharkboy »

Hi Greg. I hope things are looking up for you these days. Yesterday, I joined the ranks of the unemployed again. I was kind of trying to avoid adventure.
ric330
Intermediate Member

Post by ric330 »

So sorry to hear that Greg,
We had a slow run for about 3 months but it has stabilized at work. But I'm happy everyday I have a job. I really hope things turn around for you and your family.
I think other areas have been harder hit by the economy than over here on the east coast around the nations capital. Hoping things get better in your future fast.
...went in to buy a 52' Tele and walked out with a 360 Jetglo...
soundmasterg
RRF Consultant

Post by soundmasterg »

No luck here yet, though not giving up. I've had a couple leads recently......

Mark, so sorry to hear you got the ax too! I hope it doesn't take you quite as long to find something as it has me....

Greg
sharkboy

Post by sharkboy »

Greg and others: I hope things are getting better for you on the job front.

I go back to work as a contractor tomorrow. I'll keep working on finding more security, but it is a relief/reprieve.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Greg, I didn't realize that the thread was as old as it is ... dang! what an economy!

I PM'd you ... I hope your situation (as well as that of all the others who are in the same boat) has improved.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
soundmasterg
RRF Consultant

Post by soundmasterg »

Hi Gary,

I'm still looking.....had one phone interview so far and thats it. IS/IT is really hard hit right now, I want to get out of it anyway...I'd rather be an electrical engineer, but I'm not done with school yet. I just keep looking and trying to find ways to make extra money. Haven't had to sell anything that I don't want to sell yet, but not getting ahead either. I'm glad Mark was able to find something!

greg

Return to “Greg's Amplifier and Tube Tech Forum: by Greg Simon”