Should I take a well-needed break?

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

wj350
Advanced Member

Re: Should I take a well-needed break?

Post by wj350 »

Jake, sorry to hear about the accident. The advice above to have your mom & dad check their homeowner's insurance is very good advice--normally this type of mishap should be covered. You won't get top dollar, and there's probably a deductible on the policy, but it might be enough to finance a repair.
"Let me take you down...'cause I'm going to...."
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

wj350 wrote:Jake, sorry to hear about the accident. The advice above to have your mom & dad check their homeowner's insurance is very good advice--normally this type of mishap should be covered. You won't get top dollar, and there's probably a deductible on the policy, but it might be enough to finance a repair.
Exactly. Make the call.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

Sorry to sound stupid, but what can homeowners do for a guitar that is uninsured and an accident that is my fault (bumping into the table).
dog
Intermediate Member

Post by dog »

Years ago my car was broken into while it was parked in the driveway. My car insurance did not cover the theft, but my homeowner's did. Since calling the insurance agent is free, you have nothing to loose. The worst he could say is that it is not a covered accident.
Never use money as a means to measure wealth
Scastles

Post by Scastles »

JakeK wrote:Sorry to sound stupid, but what can homeowners do for a guitar that is uninsured and an accident that is my fault (bumping into the table).
No harm in checking it out for sure, but you have a very valid point, Jake. If the accident had been the fault of another person outside of your household, your chances would probably be better.
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Jake, part of a homeowner's policy is coverage of contents. If you are not making money with your instrument, it should be covered. The clumsy, uh sorry, unfortunate act is also covered. :lol: :lol: That is one thing insurance is for.
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Do you plan on actually having your guitar fixed, or is it a done deal?
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

I don't want to get it fixed. My mom thinks it would probably exceed the value of what I paid for the 1997. She also our deductable is too high.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

What are your plans for the guitar then, Jake, if you can't get it fixed? :?:
All I wanna do is rock!
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

JakeK wrote:I don't want to get it fixed. My mom thinks it would probably exceed the value of what I paid for the 1997. She also our deductable is too high.
Have you contacted any luthiers and sent them pics yet? That's the only way to know for sure.
deaconblues
RRF Consultant

Post by deaconblues »

Jake - If you don't want to get the guitar fixed, don't just throw it away or part it out. I'm sure somebody here is willing to undertake a restoration.

What we (and/or a competent luthier) really need to see are some pictures.
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

Jake,

I was crushed to hear about your accident. I advise you to either:

- Keep the guitar, get advice from our gurus on likely repair costs, and save up for the repair; or
- Find a good home for it, such that someone can undertake the repairs and get that baby playing again.

I hope this resolves itself in the best possible way for you.
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Jake,
I would definitely take some detailed pictures and post them here. Someone (or more) can give you an estimate on what it will cost. Ship the guitar to them and wait untill it's done. Most of the folks who can repair this right have a backlog of instruments they need to do first, so it's not like you have to come up with the balance in a couple of weeks. Some of these people have a very long backlog, and might take a year to get to, which would be plenty of time to save your dough without eating Top Ramen for 6 months. If not, I'm absolutely positive that someone can cut a deal that works out for everybody. Kevin hooked you up with this guitar, let other forumites hook you up in getting it fixed.
scotty

Post by scotty »

Wow i can belive me eyes surely your getting the guitar fixed Jake.In the UK these guitars just dont happen to come up and when they do they are astronomical in price!Nevermind Scotland you just dont see these.I mean only last week we got running hot water for the outside toilet.Get the pics up and contact someone who can help restore it back to its glory.Why dont you sell the 660 you have got to pay for the restoration of the 1997?
Scott
wittyair

Post by wittyair »

Jake.......I'll buy your TP (if that's really the way you want to go ).......shoot me an email at info@wittyair.com.

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”