The Perry Weissman 3

Let Us Know About Your Performances Past, Present and Future
wayang

The Perry Weissman 3

Post by wayang »

I know t'is but shart notice, and I've been mainin' t' post this in between the swappin' o' the good spaikers fer bad in the PA bins, the solderin' o' the cord ends, the installin' o' the 9-volts, the packin' up o' 'the gear' and the polishin' o' me combat boots...but t'morrah's the big day: the annual Denver St. Patrick's Day Parade. And that can main only one t'ing!! Well, it actually mains many t'ings, but t' me it mains PW3 will once again be on't last float wit' "The True Boston Irish Society", a-drinkin' responsibly and a-playin' Pogues tunes. On 'the list' fer t'morrah: "Dairty Old Town", "Sunny Side Of The Street", "A Pair Of Brown Eyes", "Straims Of Whiskey", and a newly lairnt addition this year (which we viddied sung by the whole cast of p'lice, black & white t'gether, in't barroom 'wake' scene on "The Wire" and knew we had t' include): "The Body Of An American"...

So we'll be a-thrashin' our way t'rough the sunny streets of our own 'dairty old town'...'a-bringin' up the rear', as they say in the parade biz, with 2 luvly 12-packs of Guiness and a bottle of the sacred John Powers' "ishkibarra" t'sae us t'rough...p'raps there'll be a wee chance fer a little smokin' o' the green, as well...

(I'll be bangin' away at me ol' Fainder P, b'cuz, as I've already staited many a time about me Rick, "Y'don't take a debutante to a dogfight"...)

And may the asphalt not rise t'meet me...
pw3_logo.jpg
pw3_logo.jpg (10.21 KiB) Viewed 2212 times
(Here's a wee 'traisure map' o' the parade route...hope there'll be a "pot o' somethin' gold" at the end of it...)
http://www.countingpix.com/id1.html
Last edited by wayang on Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I didn't get where I am today by being on time...
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Re: The Perry Weissman 3

Post by kiramdear »

(hic) (thump)
All I wanna do is rock!
wayang

Post by wayang »

Sure, an' that's some luvly news, Kira me dear...ye'll be there then!
wayang

Post by wayang »

I have it on the baist o' aut'ority that me good fraind an' compatriot Ugo the Peruvian has agreed t' be the wee videotapin' leprechaun aboard our fair vessel...so, alas, it looks like me poor ol' political career's in jeopardy once again...

Ah, the devil take it, anyway...
Last edited by wayang on Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

I would if I could, DPT. But you'll have to have me along in "spirit" this year. :P It'd be mighty fine if you'd hoist a tall black one for the reluctant teetotaler this year :roll: :cry: and drive safely, bro! :D
All I wanna do is rock!
wayang

Post by wayang »

Tail y'what...if it's a tall black one that wants t'ride on't float, he's more than welcome...but he'll haf' t'hoist himself, on account o'me hernia!

(Oh, goodness me...I see what y'maint...it's frightfully sorry I am t'have misunderstood...)
wayang

Post by wayang »

Well, as the pilots say, 'any landing you walk away from is a safe landing'....the drummer was the first to puke, but not until we got back to the loading area, and I personally blame the facts that a) she was working harder physically than the rest of us and pushing the 'iskibarra' through her bloodstream faster, and b) she was at the extreme back of the flatbed trailer, which means every turn and bump in the road was magnified for her. As for meself, after we loaded all the gear back into the house and put the percussion section to bed, I went over to Ugo's place and sat with him on his 6th floor balcony for nearly an hour before I felt the urge to run and see if Ralph was drowning...as usual, he wasn't, but just to be safe I called his name out repeatedly...

There is, in fact, video taken from 'inside the humvee'...currently in 'post-production' (for one thing, the PA cut out a few times here and there, and the bass player said some really bad swears which are quite audible on the vid...'must do something about that')...but even with all the 'cutting-room' surgery in the world, nothing will prevent the result from making the Zapruder Film look like outakes of The Barney Show...
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

I love it. Any gig you can recount by how many people puked has got to be one for the memory books. Presuming you've got any memory cells left, of course ... :P
All I wanna do is rock!
wayang

Post by wayang »

That's what the video's for!

(Remember back in the old days, when you used to just wake up the next day in blissful ignorance? Not anymore...just press 'PLAY'...)

Well, a good time was had by all...I keep in mind my own personal rule of thumb from the Antarctic days: "don't get drunker than the crowd"...and I think we obeyed it...just barely...
wayang

Post by wayang »

A belated inclusion...if I'd known about this at the time, I certainly would have included it: a 'shout-out' from The Onion!

http://denver.decider.com/articles/gett ... out,24939/

...and for those who are 'in the know' about Neutral Milk Hotel, some of the tracks on the debut album "On Avery Island" were recorded at our house in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Denver, back in the mid '90s:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_Avery_Island

Those were some particularly 'heady' days...

Return to “My Gig Forum”