fools on Sunday 4-10-2009.jpg
ram

Re: Gig with Son part two

Post by ram »

I like the artwork....!
marc61

Post by marc61 »

Thanks. The drummer from my old band is a professional graphic artist. He'll appreciate the compliment
marc61

Post by marc61 »

This kid has something going on. The crowd just loves him. Some people were telling him should come back and do some kind of drumming competition they have at the club. They feel he'd win for his age group.

Personally, I think he plays guitar better, but what does dad know?

His next step is songwriting...using his stage persona of Johnny Lightning, he's working on it...

First tune is "Johnny sings the blues" . It's all about how he wishes his dad could play bass better, his mom could get a job, his cats wouldn't need to be fed, his dog shouldn't need to be walked. He also wishes good health for our guitarist who is battling stage three throat cancer.

Then there's "Johnny comes marching home" Which is about how he wants a hot meal waiting for him when he gets home from school, his cleaned clothes should be put away, and his mom shouldn't hide his Guitar Hero. I can't play the songs, they make me crack up too much. So much reality, so much angst in this little boy :lol: :lol:

Return to “My Gig Forum”