Pasha

Answers to your questions about The Searchers
royclough
RRF Consultant

Pasha

Post by royclough »

Probably the rarest single released by The Searchers, probably the worst as well, released in 69 under the name Pasha, I did not know it exsisted till Mike Pender told me, some years later. One reviewer at time, not knowing it was them, stated that Pasha was name of producer's dog and dog could have done it better - Harsh

Comments appreciated

sowhat
RRF Consultant

Re: Pasha

Post by sowhat »

I like it. Kinda.
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Not my cup of tea... or coffee... or anything!!

Wonder what possessed them? :roll:
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
supersaints

Post by supersaints »

In his book Frank says that they wondered if their name and image were working against them so they decided to release a record under a different name called PASHA, named after the producers dog. Looking back now he says that his vocal was so bad he cant believe how awful it was and that the dog could have done better!!! He reckons it sold in dozens but is now very rare, expensive and hard to find.
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

The infamous Johnathan King made the comment about the dog in a review of the single,plus there is one version that after it had been recorded they didn't want to release under their own name. They were getting desperate for another hit in my view and to some degree had lost their way, though the first release on Liberty Umbrella Man, I thought was quite good.

I know of people who have paid over £100 for the single though.
gretsch929

Post by gretsch929 »

"Lollipop man" is British slang for a school crossing guard. Maybe the shooter was an angry motorist or ticked-off tyke who hated school. Where is Sherlock Holmes when you need him?

Return to “Searchers' Forum: by Roy Clough”