Bassic Colors No. 2 – When you're a Jet(glo) . . . !

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ajish4
RRF Moderator

Re: Bassic Colors No. 2 – When you're a Jet(glo) . . . !

Post by ajish4 »

winston wrote::lol: I don't think so Joey, but you are always welcome to come visit and play it here.

Well, you can ALWAYS send it to Paul W. for some refinish work! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol:
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

You be nice T. I know you don't like black instruments but this one is......................mine! :twisted:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

winston wrote:You be nice T. I know you don't like black instruments but this one is......................mine! :twisted:
Brian....that IS being nice! I've refrained THIS LONG! I've been good! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Attachments
fatmana.jpg
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

ajish4 wrote:
winston wrote:You be nice T. I know you don't like black instruments but this one is......................mine! :twisted:
Brian....that IS being nice! I've refrained THIS LONG! I've been good! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Someday, T...you're wake up and go play one of your Ricks and it will be Jetglo...then you'll see they ALL have become Jetglo! You'll be in the Rick Twilight zone! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

What a HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
daffy.png
daffy.png (35.79 KiB) Viewed 2487 times
JeffCullen

Post by JeffCullen »

Sorry for coming in late... but JetGlo is certainly my fav RIC shade!

Hate to say it but the 4003 doesn't get nearly enough love anymore with the C64 in the house... I love the classic Deluxe look but the C64 (with the bridge pickup cap bypassed... in a COMPLETELY reversible manner...) just sounds so awesome! The 4003 really nails that growly Geddy tone however, a trick the C64 can't pull off.
Attachments
'01, 4003JG, '08 660/12JG, '06 4001C64JG
'01, 4003JG, '08 660/12JG, '06 4001C64JG
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Don't know if this has been discussed, but just this evening I handled a C64S at Dave's Guitars in La Crosse, WI. He has only two Rick basses in the house (fabulous store, by the way) - and they are both in what I will call "Jetsatin." That's right, imagine that silky feel of the C64S but in sumptuous satin black. I was sorely tempted. Nothing about this is said in the writeup (http://davesguitar.com/data/davesguitar ... _35532.jpg), but talked with Dave himself and he said that he was told by RIC that they had made four of these in the satin black, and he got all four. Apparently, only two left. Yummm.
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Nice. I just realized something. C64s have a regular treble pup surround. I must have failed the sharp eye module in school..... :roll:
JeffCullen

Post by JeffCullen »

Missing the cutout in the tailpiece too!
rickaddict

Post by rickaddict »

johnallg wrote:Nice. I just realized something. C64s have a regular treble pup surround. I must have failed the sharp eye module in school..... :roll:
JeffCullen wrote:Missing the cutout in the tailpiece too!
Yup! In accordance with the mods on DA23...along with the rounded horns and zero fret!

Gorgeous bass, Paul. Thanks for posting it.
Attachments
C64Ssatin.jpg
jakeox
Intermediate Member

Post by jakeox »

bassduke49 wrote:Don't know if this has been discussed, but just this evening I handled a C64S at Dave's Guitars in La Crosse, WI. He has only two Rick basses in the house (fabulous store, by the way) - and they are both in what I will call "Jetsatin." That's right, imagine that silky feel of the C64S but in sumptuous satin black. I was sorely tempted. Nothing about this is said in the writeup (http://davesguitar.com/data/davesguitar ... _35532.jpg), but talked with Dave himself and he said that he was told by RIC that they had made four of these in the satin black, and he got all four. Apparently, only two left. Yummm.
I saw two on the Wildwood guitars website that look matte black, actually (here's one of them), and I remember someone saying POTR had a matte JG and a matte FG recently as well.

I think it's a nice touch.
rickaddict

Post by rickaddict »

Very cool basses!

Must...Look...Away!!!

8)
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

Interesting.............

Matte finish? No gap tooth tailpiece and HS surround.....hmmmmmm..............where could they be going with this? :twisted:
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

jakeox wrote:
bassduke49 wrote:Don't know if this has been discussed, but just this evening I handled a C64S at Dave's Guitars in La Crosse, WI. He has only two Rick basses in the house (fabulous store, by the way) - and they are both in what I will call "Jetsatin." That's right, imagine that silky feel of the C64S but in sumptuous satin black. I was sorely tempted. Nothing about this is said in the writeup (http://davesguitar.com/data/davesguitar ... _35532.jpg), but talked with Dave himself and he said that he was told by RIC that they had made four of these in the satin black, and he got all four. Apparently, only two left. Yummm.
I saw two on the Wildwood guitars website that look matte black, actually (here's one of them), and I remember someone saying POTR had a matte JG and a matte FG recently as well.

I think it's a nice touch.
There's also one at Rockit Music in Brea, CA.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

rickenbrother wrote:There's also one at Rockit Music in Brea, CA.
Hey I've heard of that place!! Great guys to deal with. :)

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”