searchers dvd overdue??

Answers to your questions about The Searchers
supersaints

searchers dvd overdue??

Post by supersaints »

I have recentlyl purchased THE HOLLIES GRAHAM NASH YEARS dvd and the box set of THE BRITISH INVASION, featuring Dusty, Herman, Gerry and Small Faces. All 5 dvds have on them amazing clips in very high quality that I have never seen before, but also interviews with surviving band members. I am so disappointed therefore never to have come across a SEARCHERS dvd featuring all their numbers performed over the "hit" years and more. I know they have had tracks released on other dvds, but it would be fantastic to see them in high quality dvd all on their own. They must be the only group that have never had their own dvd, featuring the past. Why?
royclough
RRF Consultant

Re: searchers dvd overdue??

Post by royclough »

Hard to say Dave, but probably because those who put together these DVD's feel they would not sell. Same with Farnk Allen's book, I know for fact he was turned down by some publishers in fact one publisher who turned him down, then published The Walker Brothers story.

Eventually he went with publisher who did his other book but only on a exclusive deal which makes, in my view, the book expensive.
DavyR

Post by DavyR »

supersaints wrote:I have recentlyl purchased the box set of THE BRITISH INVASION, featuring Dusty, Herman, Gerry and Small Faces...
Are you in the USA, as in, did the DVDs play in your USA DVD player? Amazon.com's description isn't clear as to what region(s) the DVDs are playable in. The DVDs on Amazon.uk.co are not playable on USA DVD players. I do understand that one can re-program their players but that sounds too shaky to me. Thanks!
chriscurtisfan

Post by chriscurtisfan »

Have you read Mike Brady's recent post about the fact the Searchers are not included in any British Invasion DVD? Read it and weep. A person representing The Searchers shot the Searchers in the foot when approached about including the Searchers!! They had no clue. :( These same people are now working on a second series of British Invasion DVD's -- it would be wonderful if our Searchers could be included this time! How can we make this happen??? Suggestions, please??

Cheri
Dedicated to the best Drummer on Planet Earth (RIP) http://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisCurtisFan
supersaints

Post by supersaints »

Yes I have just read the thread. It just does not make sense to me. I thought that all publicity was good news for groups and therefore a whole dvd to themselves would have been tremendous publicity. All I can come up with is that it must be linked with Mike Pender in some way or they are coming up with their own dvd history. I would have also thought that by now most of their clips were in the public domain. A great shame, because as I said in my original post, they must be the only top 60's group not to have had a retrospective dvd about them.

Return to “Searchers' Forum: by Roy Clough”