Marketplace Forum Restriction For New Members

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Re: Marketplace Forum Restriction For New Members

Post by Ivan3000 »

This forum is for people with a genuine interest in Rickenbackers. The marketplace is just a nice touch. Which I do quite enjoy watching the sales go down. :mrgreen:
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

JakeK wrote:... If their posts were meaningful ...
I don't know whether I have 30 meaningful posts even now ... :shock: :roll: :lol:
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gary: No worries, we have completed our audit and you have 31. But in my case we found only 29. Hopefully this meaningful post will put me over the top. :lol:
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

I must really be low given my total count. :lol:
"The best things in life aren't things."
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Well, there are those who make posts that count negatively and subtract from the meaningful post count...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Uh... ummm... Oh well, I guess my count just went down by one... again...
:oops: :roll: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Yeah, and if you persist in this behavior, you'll end up owing the RRF a few K posts. :twisted: :lol: :lol:
JimK
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Wow, I'd better get busy then!

Oh wait...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

admin wrote:Gary: No worries, we have completed our audit and you have 31. But in my case we found only 29. Hopefully this meaningful post will put me over the top. :lol:
Looks like you just topped 13000! :P
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

admin wrote:Gary: No worries, we have completed our audit and you have 31. But in my case we found only 29. Hopefully this meaningful post will put me over the top. :lol:
:lol: :lol:
cjj wrote:Well, there are those who make posts that count negatively and subtract from the meaningful post count...

Uh... ummm... Oh well, I guess my count just went down by one... again...
:oops: :roll: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

(Thanks guys, I really needed a good laugh today!)
mipiti3

Post by mipiti3 »

Hello!
Is it possible to inquire about best venues for selling in the regular post forums, even if I haven't got to my '30" posts yet?
Thanks.
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

mipiti3 wrote:Hello!
Is it possible to inquire about best venues for selling in the regular post forums, even if I haven't got to my '30" posts yet?
Thanks.
We are not allowed to link to other forums, but I have found The Gear Page has an excellent, high-traffic classified section. It is about $12 a year but well worth it. I have sold a ton of guitars there.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Hi Emily.........there are no exceptions to the rule. 30 posts are required here. I have edited your post accordingly.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good idea John. There are always commercial sites that have great exposure to the Marketplace.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Welcome, Emily!

While you can't post an instrument for sale or request an appraisal here until you accumulate 30 posts, you are certainly welcome to ask general questions about the mechanism of selling, or request advice/opinions with regard to your instrument. For example, if you are not certain of the model and finish, you could post a picture and ask "what do I have?", or post a close-up of an area of the instrument and ask "will this flaw affect the value?".

[Peter, please correct me if I am wrong here! :) ]
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gary: In principle I think that your comments are reasonable.

The problem is rather than taking such an approach these threads, as with this one, begin with the comment that an instrument is for sale. From that point forward, each post becomes a further extension of a for sale ad.

With regard to Emily's situation (much like her last visit) it seems to me that the genii is out of the bottle.

At the end of the day this approach defeats the whole purpose of the rule to begin with. Voila, the new member vanishes when the rule violation is identified. I place an explanation here and in a PM that seldom gets picked up.

It is about at this stage in the thread that The Animals song title Around and Around comes to mind.

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”