San Francisco Bay Area Confluence ?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

8mileshigher

Re: San Francisco Bay Area Confluence ?

Post by 8mileshigher »

Looks like the So Cal Ricken Jammers contingent is gearing up rapidly and ready to attend :D :D :D --- have we got a Confluence site selected and time/day fixed up North ? :wink:
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

collin wrote:
rickenbrother wrote:Maybe we should rent a van?

I have a nine-seater! :)
You're hired! I'll bring a big cooler, some snacks, and my gas card.... oh, and a couple of Ricks, of course! :)

Seriously, I'm in! :)
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Can any of the Bay Area folks comment about the suitability of any of these Google'd Rehearsal Studios to rent a big room/stage for an 8 hour period with P.A., amps, backline drum kit, etc.. Does anybody know the best place or have a favorite studio, where they are on good terms with the owner ? With plenty of parking for the several vehicles in the 8) RRF convoy coming ! :wink:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp& ... 143d51c940

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1& ... CDAQtQMwAA

:) :) :)

If not a rehearsal studio -- how's about a community center, verterns hall or elks club, etc. that has a P.A. ??
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Lennon is a nice place where I have played lots, but the parking situation is terrible downtown. Everyone would have to offload, then go find parking and shuttle back to the studio. Street parking may be scarce but it's possible.
All I wanna do is rock!
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

This place is right around the corner from me (literally) and might be worth a ponder.

http://www.musicspectrum.net/marin-rehe ... tudio.html
All I wanna do is rock!
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

kiramdear wrote:This place is right around the corner from me (literally) and might be worth a ponder.

http://www.musicspectrum.net/marin-rehe ... tudio.html

This place looks real promising, Kira,---- exactly the type of venue :!: :D Can you find out details, price, discounts, pics, etc about their biggest size room and some possible availability dates.... and something might start to take shape !!!! :D

San Rafael is a good location. I used to live there ! Visitors can stay in Sonoma, Marin, the city, or go across the San Rafael-Richmond bridge to the East Bay side... so its half-way centralized, in one sense, because doesn't everything in the Bay Area sort of revolve around proximity to bridges ?

The other studio in the city with No Parking --- sounds less appealing, in my view. SF is always a hassle with cars :roll: :roll: .... and you could end up parking a mile away.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

The rates are posted at $14 an hour and availability is anytime we want. Parking is good. I can't get anybody on the phone now, but I'll stroll around sometime soon and try to find somebody to ask about room size and special rates. There are several rooms and at least one of them is semi-large. We could even rent more than one room simultaneously.

How many people do you think we're talking about?
All I wanna do is rock!
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

I vote for late August to early September at the earliest. One of our esteemed local members will be away from the area in mid-August.
All I wanna do is rock!
BuddyDog
Intermediate Member

Post by BuddyDog »

Looks like a good venue for a mini-con 8) . Rate seems good at $14/hr + $14 per session for a PA. I didn't see any amps provided in the listing, so it looks like Paul will definitely need that bus to haul gear! Hopefully they have a drum kit available.

I'm already prepping my car for the trip!
2009 360/6 Fire-Glo 2009 360/12C63 FG 1975 4001 White/BT
Chords mangled, no waiting!
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Oh, and can we call it BARC? So much nicer than what's been proposed. :lol: And we'll have Tripper's approval on the name. :lol: 8)
All I wanna do is rock!
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

collin wrote:
rickenbrother wrote:Maybe we should rent a van?

I have a nine-seater! :)
Cool! :D
kiramdear wrote:I vote for late August to early September at the earliest.
Don't ask me why yet, but that might not be a good time to get the SoCal people up there.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

rickenbrother wrote: Don't ask me why yet, but that might not be a good time to get the SoCal people up there.
Then I guess it's either try and do it in June or July or wait till later in the Fall?
All I wanna do is rock!
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

kiramdear wrote:Oh, and can we call it BARC? So much nicer than what's been proposed. :lol: And we'll have Tripper's approval on the name. :lol: 8)
Will Tripper be the confluence mascot? :lol:
kiramdear wrote:Then I guess it's either try and do it in June or July or wait till later in the Fall?
That might better.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
modrock

Post by modrock »

Wow, invasion of the SoCal Rickophiles !!!!! :D :D :D How cool is that ?
I'm open to anything north or south Bay. Kira !!!!!, thanks so much for your efforts :) :)

Here's another suggestion where my band used to practice. My former bass player books the hall out. It's kind of funky, but groovy, and can get quite hot in the summer, but the halls have A/C with a lot of power outlets. And it's near some great wineries for those who imbibe in the fruit of the vine. The acoustics are just fair; we've done a wedding here, but no one was very concerned at the musicianship since they were all plastered on the vino. A bartender can be had, or kegs, beer, wine, snacks, etc can be brought in. I'll get in touch with the bass player and see what he has to say. It might be too late to book it for this summer, but maybe early fall ??
No PA, amps, or studio facilities, it's set up more as a place for wedding receptions and family reunions.....I think Kira's on the right track as far as venues go, but this is always a back up and I could probably get it fairly inexpensively ( less than posted rates ). About 1.5 hours north of the GG Bridge. A firm date would be subject to prior bookings. I'll be gone in late August as well for 30th wedding anniversary in Lake Tahoe ( I was just reminded :oops: )...but...
I'm flexible as to location, I'd bend over backwards to see some of your beautiful Rickenbackers:

http://www.villachanticleer.com/

BARC !!!!...I like it ! :lol: :lol:

modrock.... ( Gary in Santa Rosa )
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

modrock wrote:Wow, invasion of the SoCal Rickophiles !!!!! :D :D :D How cool is that ?

( Gary in Santa Rosa )

Yeah --- we'll be BARCing like hound dogs on the scent of a Mini Con !!! :wink: :lol:

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”