The Nashville Teens

Post by kenposurf »

Ok from the UK but they rocked!

More here :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
http://www.nashville-teens.com/Main01.htm
duke

Re: The Nashville Teens

Post by duke »

Great new forum, G! Garage is near and dear to my heart!

The Nashville Teens ... wow ... I haven't heard that name in many, many years! That's one of the things I love about these forums ... a lot of knowledgeable folks with great memories to share! Just too cool, man!
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

These guys are a garage band George? Can you maybe define what a garage band is for me?
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

winston wrote:These guys are a garage band George? Can you maybe define what a garage band is for me?
Sure, no problem:
Most of the proto garage bands many of us think of when we consider this genre hailed from the USA and also from Canada.
Also many, if not most readers will be looking for 1-4-5 patterns and lyrics steeped in teenage angst,
Not to offend , but I will also be including bands in this forum that may have more sophisticated skills then some would expect.
I consider the instrumentation used, the era, the audience the band would appeal to among other factors when I include them here.
Granted there will without doubt be a crossing of genre's but my hope is that will be part of the fun.
An example (and a band that I won't cover here as they were not of the 60's/70's) would be Nirvana.
The song Smells Like Teen Spirit caused many a young man to exclaim "hey, I can play that" and in the truest sense were a garage band.
As in the case of the bands from Seattle the prototype garage bands evolved into groups that would become more skillful,,the progress of the first three Lp's by Arthur Lee And Love would be a prime example of this.
So there ya go Brian..I will for sure be blurring the lines here but that's rock n roll :D :D :D
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Thanks George. I have to admit I don't consider The Nashville Teens to be a garage band.......even after your detailed explanantion. :D But like you imply everything is open to the interpretation of the listener. :lol:

These guys were actually incredible musicians and they were much better live than their recorded work ever suggested they were. Fairly typical of the era their live sets included R&B, some blues and jazz as well as their own material.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

winston wrote:Thanks George. I have to admit I don't consider The Nashville Teens to be a garage band.......even after your detailed explanantion. :D But like you imply everything is open to the interpretation of the listener. :lol:

These guys were actually incredible musicians and they were much better live than their recorded work ever suggested they were. Fairly typical of the era their live sets included R&B, some blues and jazz as well as their own material.
Granted, many would agree w/your def Brian..if the musicianship of a band is of a high order it's more difficult to see them jammin' in the garage :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “2 Car Garage: by Admin”