SEND IT TO JAPAN!!!

Exceptional restoration is in the details

Moderator: jingle_jangle

jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

SEND IT TO JAPAN!!!

Post by jingle_jangle »

(Thanks to a member of the Combo Organ Group on Yahoo!)

This can yield some of the funniest translations....

Here's the premise:

1. Take a well-known song and process its English lyrics through Babelfish, into Japanese.

2. (Note that you don't have to know how to read Japanese!) Cut and paste the Japanese translation back into English, once again via Babelfish.

Here's "Louie, Louie", sent to Japan and brought back:

A-Louie Louie, the oh baby, we did not obtain the fact that it goes.
Obtaining to obtain, be able to obtain, to obtain be able, to obtain be able, to obtain be able, the baby.
Obtaining the fact that we go thing the oh baby, you called Louie Louie.

The girl it is good waits for me.
Catch the boat which crosses the sea.
That boat, I navigate entirely independently,
I do not think never I how obtain the house, whether perhaps.

A-Louie Louie, now, now, now, now, the baby who obtains the fact that we go
Well, no, the baby.

Three nights and day I navigated the sea
I think of girl and oh constantly
I oh always think concerning the girl.
I the rose of her hair well the [gu

The whoa baby of A-Louie Louie, we did not obtain the fact that it goes.
Obtaining to obtain, be able to obtain, to obtain be able, to obtain be able, to obtain be able, the baby.
Were recognized we in those that made that now it gives possible

(Independent guitar)

I see…
I look of Jamaica month at the upper.
_ that as for long I love at observe I
I take her of my arm for the second time
I call the fact that I never do not leave her for the second time to her

A-Louie Louie, the oh baby, we did not obtain the fact that it goes
Obtaining to obtain, be able to obtain, to obtain be able, to obtain be able, to obtain be able, the baby
Obtaining the fact that we go the baby of whoa of Louie Louie meant thing
The I meant that the fact that we now go is obtained
Permit empty head us here
Us permit the fact that it goes!
zenitb

Re: SEND IT TO JAPAN!!!

Post by zenitb »

That's pretty funny. What you might try is to place a block of text on one of the online translation pages like Babelfish. 1st translate it to another language (German is good) and then translate the German text back into English. I translated, then -untranslated manufacturer's warrany one time and it was great!
longhouse
Advanced Member

Post by longhouse »

Dylan's 'Tambourine Man' turned into a VERY strange bit:

Just a little! Tambourine Man does the song because of me, I' As for drowsy m there place I' So without; M where it goes. Just a little! Tambourine Man does the song because of me, in the jingle morning I' Sound earnestly; As for ll followin' It comes; . Your magic swirlin' Take me of travelling; Ships, my feeling my hand can' It was removed; In the feeling and step of t to grip the insensible sense as for my toe wanderin' which excessively waits for just the heel of my boots; Because it is;

'Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except for Me and My Monkey':

As for that kind of joyCome comes to onCome which comes comes that kind of joyCome which has been attached that you take easyCome which comes to that to easy that easyEverybody' EasyTake which is taken is taken; s hiding me and excluding my monkey obtained what. It is deeper and is higher develops is deeper than the flyThe growing goSo which goes high comes
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

The words to Happy Birthday (to Paulie), to Japanese and back:
You question with your birthday [me]. You question with your birthday [me]. You question with Paulie and your birthday [me] which become the love which is questioned with your birthday [me].
:lol: :lol: :lol:
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Too funny!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I look forward to trying this myself when I have a little more time to goof off!
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Well shoot, that explains it! I've always wondered what that song was about...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
simer4001
Veteran RRF member

Post by simer4001 »

And people used to laugh at me for singing it this way! Finally some vindication.
rickosound

Post by rickosound »

"Tomorrow Never Knows" turned out pretty interesting...
If do to turn off your heart, it loosens, as for the suspended matter that as for that has not died and lets flow do to insist all thoughts which have not died as for surrender that to the space as for that it has shone it has shone, as for meaning among those of the thing perhaps you see, as for that it has met the love which has met is everything but and that it is everyone as for that you have known the ignorance which has been known and as for hatred May as for thing that you sigh the deceased as for that it believes it believes love, do to hear as for color that of your dream as for that you have not lived you have not lived or do the game the existence beginning to the edge Beginning beginning beginning beginning beginning

So did "I'm Henry VIII, I Am."
I' As for me who as for m Henry 8th me as for a certain Henry 8th me, is I and am She' which gets married to the being placed next of the widow; You have gotten married s 7 time ago and Henry where is each one (Henry) her wouldn' [uiri] or sum (sum it is not in t) I' It is; m her 8th old person, I' The 2nd poem 1st in the same way I' which is m Henry Henry 8th I; As for me who as for m Henry 8th me as for a certain Henry 8th me, is I and am She' which gets married to the being placed next of the widow; You have gotten married s 7 time ago and Henry where is each one (Henry) her wouldn' [uiri] or sum (sum it is not in t) I' It is; m her 8th old person, I' There is m Henry Henry 8th I ------ Guitar of lead ------ I' As for me who as for m Henry 8th me as for a certain Henry 8th me, is I and am She' which gets married to the being placed next of the widow; You have gotten married s 7 time ago and Henry where is each one (Henry) her wouldn' [uiri] or sum (sum it is not in t) I' It is; m her 8th old person, I' As for m Henry Henry 8th me a certain Henry Henry (Henry) Henry (Henry) as for Henry 8th me, there is a certain Henry 8th I who is I, it can obtain!

And so did "Papa Oom Mow Mow."
The strangest sound where POMM (POMM) which Di Di Dit which cuts oom father Di Di Dit where oom ma ma ma of Pa pa pa which cuts oom father Pa pa pa pa - cutting oom ma father and cutting and cuts cuts oom father cutting and cuts - cutting oom ma father and cutting and cuts - oom ma ma ma of pa pa pa cuts oom father cutting and cuts - I heard - (POMM) POMM POMM (POMM) - I couldn' Word you understand t - (POMM) there is serious he of POMM all he' where or he who plays is cuts Oom and is; It cuts; Just a little there of POMM (POMM) which cuts oom father Di Di Dit where proverb father Oom s - POMM POMM - father Oom of the father of the father POMM POMM Di Di Dit - oom ma ma ma of pa pa pa cuts oom father cutting and cuts - cutting oom ma of pa and pa cutting and cuts what' With unite thing - the I meant thing; Your name of s - (POMM) POMM POMM (POMM) - now don' But the same to me whom you say old thing - (POMM) it grasps, I cannot of the word which you of t which POMM does boldly sing you' ve obtains sound and/or, the father Oom who walking, has me shout boldly - POMM POMM - father Oom of the father of the father POMM POMM Di Di Dit - oom ma father cuts, it cuts oom father Di Di Dit which Di Di Dit which do to cut - cuts oom father of Dit and Dit cuts - oom ma of pa pa pa ma ma cut - cuts oom father of Dit and Dit cuts - Di Di Dit - cutting oom ma father of Di and Di Dit (Pa pa pa pa) cuttingEven the somewhere of POMM which Di Di Dit which it cuts - oom ma ma ma of pa pa pa cuts oom father cutting and cuts this sound with me going (POMM) - and now I hear, - (POMM) POMM (POMM) - - (POMM) POMM and now that I still, TV of record and with the radio the land without the [ku] [ma] can' It has expanded; As for t, father Oom of the father of the father of Oom of the kind of father whom you understand
Matthew

Return to “Reflections of a Curmudgeon: by Paul Wilczynski”