And You'll Never Hear Surf Music Again

Reverberations from Duane Eddy and beyond
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

And You'll Never Hear Surf Music Again

Post by kenposurf »

ok..maybe not surf but have a look at the backline..Dual Showman and a wall of JBL d-130f cabs :D :D :D
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Re: And You'll Never Hear Surf Music Again

Post by elreydlp »

Wow! All he needs is the Jazzmaster he's occasionally pictured with and a Reverb tank and he could play "Baja"!

Dick Dale says the "And you'll never hear Surf music again" statement was made when Jimi heard that his good friend (DD) was diagnosed with cancer the first time and wasn't given much of a chance of survival. I asked someone close to Dick if he believed that story and he said, "No, but I believe Dick believes it".
Dick has a healthy ego and a penchant for stretching the truth. One night, backstage before a show, I was visiting with Dick and the guys (Ron & Dusty) when the famous Whale Mural artist Wyland walked in. He and Dick reminisced about early morning surf sessions when Wyland was doing his first commission on the wall of the Hotel Laguna. Dick noted that after surfing, he would "help" Wyland with the painting. Wyland shook his head and said, "Dick, you helped me apply the whitewash to the wall before I started painting. You did not HELP me paint the mural-but that's how you would tell it"! I wish I had a nickle for every time I've heard someone say, "that's the way Dick would tell it".

Return to “Instrumental As Anything: by Admin”