New cover of "Each Time" on my website

Answers to your questions about The Searchers
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

New cover of "Each Time" on my website

Post by beatbyrd »

Hi. Well, between two posts to this board; one to get the Searchers guitar tone and the other for the lyrics, I have finally finished a decent cover of my favorite Searchers song. Thanks to all who provided the needed info. The song is posted on the "Misc. covers" page on my website: http://www.beatbyrd.com
Let me know what you think. I tried to imitate a certain voice on the bridge. Tom
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
chriscurtisfan

Re: New cover of "Each Time" on my website

Post by chriscurtisfan »

This is my favorite Searchers song, as well!!! I think you did a wonderful cover!! I don't know which note you are wishing you could have hit better, but to me, it is your own interpretation and as close to The Searchers as I could want! Did you double track your own voice?

Thank you for sharing it -- I'm certain you put a lot of effort into it -- and it shows!

:)

10,000 ****'s rating!
Dedicated to the best Drummer on Planet Earth (RIP) http://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisCurtisFan
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Post by beatbyrd »

chriscurtisfan wrote:This is my favorite Searchers song, as well!!! I think you did a wonderful cover!! I don't know which note you are wishing you could have hit better, but to me, it is your own interpretation and as close to The Searchers as I could want! Did you double track your own voice?

Thank you for sharing it -- I'm certain you put a lot of effort into it -- and it shows!

:)

10,000 ****'s rating!
Let's see...... 10,000 times 4 stars is..... a lot of stars! I tried to use a Chris-like voice for the second half of the bridge, especially on 'belong'. If my imitation was better, you might have noticed that. The first word of the bridge is "Wish". That's the highest full voice note in the song and it was a strain. The vocal is double tracked. Thanks for your kind response (and all of the stars!). Tom
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
chriscurtisfan

Post by chriscurtisfan »

Tom, I'm in process of listening to all your covers! That was an absolutely perfect cover of Bus Stop! You hit that high harmony right on the mark. I assume you are aware The Searchers came up with the 12 string guitar sound before The Byrds? As a huge fan of both the Byrds and The Searchers, I'm glad they did so! I still have my Byrds vinyl LPs. Listening to "The World Turns'" by the Byrds -- beautiful! Your Mr. Tambourine Man -- another 10,000 stars!!! Have you heard The Searchers doing Mr. Tambourine Man?!! They started playing it only recently, as I understand it, and it's as good as The Byrds. I would expect that, since the Searchers were the inspiration for the Byrds. So, I've heard you do The Hollies, Searchers and Byrds -- amazing talent!!! I'll have to pick up tomorrow. The jingle jangle of the 12 string guitar definitely is magical, without question! Thanks for sharing your beautiful music!

By the way -- you did a great imitation of Chris Curtis on Each Time -- and that one word 'belong' -- that's the word I would be listening for to identify him! Thank you for doing it so well!
Dedicated to the best Drummer on Planet Earth (RIP) http://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisCurtisFan
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

Yes I thought you did a very good job on each time your guitar playing is spot on
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

Now i can finally understand the words! :twisted:
Very, very nice job. And you have a very nice voice, Tom. By "very nice" i mean "lovely".
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
JeffZ

Post by JeffZ »

Good work Tom, I think Jackie DeShannon would be very pleased... :D
chriscurtisfan

Post by chriscurtisfan »

sowhat wrote:Now i can finally understand the words! :twisted:
Very, very nice job. And you have a very nice voice, Tom. By "very nice" i mean "lovely".
For some reason, I have never had any problem understanding the words of Each Time being sung by Mike and Chris. Maybe it's because I've lived the lyrics! When I discovered "Each Time" it was like a religious experience for me! :wink: It's nice to know a lot of people here love that one, as well.

Now 'Murder in My Heart' -- those lyrics had me stumped!

Even after learning the words, I'm stumped. However, I love hearing it! :-) Hey, if it's the Searchers -- any of them, I'm going to love hearing the tune! :)

Return to “Searchers' Forum: by Roy Clough”