SCARF/Ricktoberfest® 2010 So Cal Annual Ric Fest Oct 16th

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

s4001

Re: SCARF/Ricktoberfest® 2010 So Cal Annual Ric Fest Oct 16th

Post by s4001 »

Well done, Rich. I'm sorry I missed some of these.
analogpackrat

Post by analogpackrat »

Wow! Great jams, guys! You really showed the full range of possibilities with Ricks.

Was that Skip on vocals for the Rickabilly set? Awesome job. Loved the Pinball Wizard bit. Wicked Game is by far my favorite Chris Isaak song and you guys really did it justice. The organ that sneaked in halfway through was a nice touch.

Thanks for all the effort on the videos, Rich.
If it is to be, it is up to me.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

rickenbrother wrote:Rich, it looks like you've been very busy getting these vids viewable for us. Thanks! :)
Yes! Thanks Rich. I enjoyed these. :D
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Thanks, everyone. Glad you enjoy the videos ! I've got a few more on the camcorder I'm trying to convert to MPEG format today... a few more with Jake and friends, ProgKnowSys, Paulie's brother's band and The Glendoras.

analogpackrat wrote:Wow! Great jams, guys! You really showed the full range of possibilities with Ricks.

Was that Skip on vocals for the Rickabilly set? Awesome job. Loved the Pinball Wizard bit. Wicked Game is by far my favorite Chris Isaak song and you guys really did it justice. The organ that sneaked in halfway through was a nice touch.

Yep, that was Skip doing a great job on the Rockabilly set.... both vocals and the lead guitar! 8) The organ coming in was ProgKnowSys keyboardist -- who added so much, to so many of the jam tunes and he participated all day long !!! Marathon effort on keyboards !!
s4001

Post by s4001 »

He and Dave told me they really had a great time. They really like jamming with everyone.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Scotty --- your band-mates contributed a whole lot !!! Glad to have them participate.

Here's another You Tube of ProgKnowSys with Vito 8)

And from later on in the evening, here's The Glendoras (Paulie, Joey and Rich on Rickenbackers with Alberto on drums and Robert on vocals) performing a cover of "Lips Like Sugar" by Echo and the Bunnymen
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

From the evening session, here are The Glendora's performing The Car's hit "My Best Friends Girl" at the Confluence.
(A little bit of the intro was missed with the starting up of the recording).

elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

analogpackrat wrote:Wow! Great jams, guys! You really showed the full range of possibilities with Ricks.

Thanks for the props! That was me, but I can't say enough about the3/5 of the Byrd's Collective and John, the keyboard player from PogKnowSis. What MONSTERS! If you couldn't sound good with those guys backing, it's time to move on! Thanks to everyone! NOW, let's start building to Post-NAMM! We could kill 'em!
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Skip besides great vocals and stage presence your guitar tone is killer. I loved it.

While I am handing out kudo awards this was obviously a great get together and everyone did a bang up job. My hat is off to the organizers............you know who you are and also to the musicians that showed the great versatility of Rickenbacker instruments. A big kudo award goes to the keyboard player from Progknowsys. Your work was stellar. The vocal work was also very impressive............especially the harmonies that sprang from the stage from the various musicians who had not rehearsed together before the jam. Just amazing work.

And let's not forget those drummers...........one of the toughest jobs in a band IMO. Great job all of you. :D
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

From Tom Petty's smash hit album Damn the Torpedoes here is "Refugee" recorded early on in the afternoon, with Jake on lead vocals and guitar solo with Paul S on drums, Joey on the FG 4004 Cii, Rich and Steve on guitars and ProgKnowSys keyboardist. A little background vocals help from Paulie.

From the evening session, here are The Glendoras doing The Smithereens classic "Blood and Roses" -- with apologies that our videographer missed recording the cool bass intro ....

8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

A Rolling Stones hit "It's All Over Now" with Jake and friends, featuring Paulie playing his 21 fret, Double Bound Blue Boy doing the lead guitar solo, with Paul S on drums, Scotty on bass, Rich on 360-12 and John, the ProgKnowSys keyboardist. Jake is totally in control 8) of this number !!

Jake and Friends performing the Tom Petty number "I Won't Back Down" with Paulie, Rich and Steve on guitars with Paul S on drums and Scotty on bass.

Last edited by 8mileshigher on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

All Aboard ! :D The Glendoras go off the rails with their totally Rickified version 8) 8) of Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train" featuring the awesome drumming of Alberto, the powerful vocals of Robert and Paulie delivering the goods with his guitar licks ! !

elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

While we're handing out thank-you's, a big shout out for Rich and his "assistants" for the great video coverage-new camera and all.
Thanks Rich!
BuddyDog
Intermediate Member

Post by BuddyDog »

Wow! Great videos, Rich! Thanks so much to all who made this a great event!
2009 360/6 Fire-Glo 2009 360/12C63 FG 1975 4001 White/BT
Chords mangled, no waiting!
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Man, I was completely exhausted by the time the Glendoras went onstage; I completely blew the first few notes of "Lips Like Sugar", which I haven't erred on within memory, by playing them on the wrong string on both the first and second verse, and consistently played the second bar of the riff during the "Here She Comes Again" part of "Best Friend's Girl" 1/2 step flat. Nuts! :lol: :lol: :lol: Apologies to my fellow Glendorans. My alternate vacant staring at both my guitar and my fellow band mates is also an indicator. :lol: I think we'll need more help next year, or else a different lead guitarist for the Glendoras!

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”