Yes on DirectTV 101

The genius of Chris Squire
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Yes on DirectTV 101

Post by johnallg »

So I tune to Ch101 and what is just ending - credits rolling and the band is waving goodbye..... Yes live.... Shucky darns. :?

Then just in time for BuckCherry - power rock featuring naked flesh adorned heavily with tats.... :roll:
harrek

Re: Yes on DirectTV 101

Post by harrek »

johnallg wrote:So I tune to Ch101 and what is just ending - credits rolling and the band is waving goodbye..... Yes live.... Shucky darns. :?

Then just in time for BuckCherry - power rock featuring naked flesh adorned heavily with tats.... :roll:
My brother pointed that out to me. I believe it was the symphonic concert from around 2002 from how he described it.
So you can easily get a copy of it if that is true. Either way, he was nice enough to record it for me so I'll see it soon.
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

harrek wrote:
johnallg wrote:So I tune to Ch101 and what is just ending - credits rolling and the band is waving goodbye..... Yes live.... Shucky darns. :?

My brother pointed that out to me. I believe it was the symphonic concert from around 2002 from how he described it.
So you can easily get a copy of it if that is true. Either way, he was nice enough to record it for me so I'll see it soon.
Ah, thanks Brian. I think I have that on DVD then. All I saw was the long shot of the audience from the rafters as the credits rolled, so it was hard to tell what, when, where it was.
harrek

Post by harrek »

johnallg wrote:
harrek wrote:

Ah, thanks Brian. I think I have that on DVD then. All I saw was the long shot of the audience from the rafters as the credits rolled, so it was hard to tell what, when, where it was.
Either way it is still cool to come across something like that on TV and be pleasantly surprised. Too bad you were just a bit late!
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Yeah, but I felt cheated - by myself. I'd left something on I was not interested in at all and was killing time on the internet not watching it anyway. If I'd just thought of 101 earlier I'd have got to see Yes in HD and surround... :roll:
teeder

Post by teeder »

My kids and I got to see most of this on Saturday!
harrek

Post by harrek »

I finally saw it also. A great watch, just wish it was longer!

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”