jimk
RRF Consultant

Roger Goes Cruisin'

Post by jimk »

JimK
8mileshigh

Re: Roger Goes Cruisin'

Post by 8mileshigh »

Hey.......Roger has turned into the Tambourine Man, but no tambourine!
0018g

Post by 0018g »

This looks spur of the moment. How cool would that be? "Hi, I'm Roger. Mind if I sit in on a couple of tunes?"
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

0018g wrote:This looks spur of the moment. How cool would that be? "Hi, I'm Roger. Mind if I sit in on a couple of tunes?"
Kinda what I thought, too. Boy, wouldn't that be a Byrdmaniac's dream?
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Um, wow. I guess that's pretty neat.
fatcat
Intermediate Member

Post by fatcat »

Maybe he was just on the cruise,and got recognized and had his arm twisted.
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

fatcat wrote:Maybe he was just on the cruise,and got recognized and had his arm twisted.
Ya think? :lol: :lol:
JimK
bvstudios

Post by bvstudios »

Interesting that, although I hear drums, bass a Ric (conspicuously absent) and even background vocals, the band members themselves appear to be largely mute and looking either at the floor or at Roger... Leads me to think he was singing to a prerecorded track, perhaps. Of course, that would tend to point to something a little more 'arranged' than spontaneous, but hey, if I was on that ship, I wouldn't really care!

<edit> Just watched both clips all the way through.... revised my opinion- the band is playing, but I still hear more than I see... and a Strat playing the Ric part? Uh-uh... <edit>
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but had I been in the band, and Himself steps up and says "Hi, I'm Roger. May I sit in?" I'd probably have to pick up my dentures off the deck.
JimK
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

I don't know anything about the circumstances of this trip but I've travelled with him privately before and seen him pick up a guitar and play with the band.

We and our wives were in an Irish pub (in Germany!) some years ago. The band took a break and Roger asked their guitarist if he might sing a little bit and play his guitar while they were relaxing. So, he's playing and singing away . . . the guy next to me at the bar leaned over and said "That guy sounds SO much like Roger McGuinn" . . . .
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

johnhall wrote:I don't know anything about the circumstances of this trip but I've travelled with him privately before and seen him pick up a guitar and play with the band.

We and our wives were in an Irish pub (in Germany!) some years ago. The band took a break and Roger asked their guitarist if he might sing a little bit and play his guitar while they were relaxing. So, he's playing and singing away . . . the guy next to me at the bar leaned over and said "That guy sounds SO much like Roger McGuinn" . . . .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JimK
tnelson

Post by tnelson »

its a bit bizarre :?

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”