Chris back on tour!

The genius of Chris Squire
teeder

Re: Chris back on tour!

Post by teeder »

Tickets go on sale for the Cleveland show today. I need to see if there's an age requirement at House of Blues, because I'd like to take my son.
I know what you mean, John, Donna doesn't like the standing room shows either, so Cleveland is out...
Jim, there's is a balcony at Cleveland and since the venue is so small the seats are really good.
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

teeder wrote:Tickets go on sale for the Cleveland show today. I need to see if there's an age requirement at House of Blues, because I'd like to take my son.
I know what you mean, John, Donna doesn't like the standing room shows either, so Cleveland is out...
Jim, there's is a balcony at Cleveland and since the venue is so small the seats are really good.
In GR there is an age restriction of 18 unless accompanied by a parent. May be the same in Cleveland.

Jim, for Irene it is more of a heart/health issue.
wints
Veteran RRF member

Post by wints »

Playing the hole in the wall in my downtown, Jannus Landing. Great gig location. C'mon over Tony!
teeder

Post by teeder »

Wahoo! I'm officially in! My friend and I are both taking our son's! :)
teeder

Post by teeder »

My tickets arrived yesterday! :D
teeder

Post by teeder »

Has anyone gone yet? We go next Tuesday.
harrek

Post by harrek »

teeder wrote:Has anyone gone yet? We go next Tuesday.
I'm off to see them on Sunday in Grand Rapids. Crossing my fingers that we might hear some of the new material!
But either way looking forward to the usual great show.

Brian
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

Saw them in Orlando and Ft. Pierce. Always a pleasure! Enjoy Cleveland, Kevin, I don't think we'll be heading out for that one this time.
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

wints wrote:Playing the hole in the wall in my downtown, Jannus Landing. Great gig location. C'mon over Tony!
Sorry Andy, just saw your post now!

They were SMOKIN' at Ft. Pierce....1200 seat venue.....man, they were on FIRE!
teeder

Post by teeder »

Cool! I can't wait! :D
harrek

Post by harrek »

Sitting here in row 3 waiting for the start. The venue looks to be a great spot to see them at!
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

harrek wrote:Sitting here in row 3 waiting for the start. The venue looks to be a great spot to see them at!
Groan..... Post the picks...... Remorse is eating me up.....
teeder

Post by teeder »

We'll be there tonight!
I'd love to take my camera, but I'm sure it would be frowned upon.
harrek

Post by harrek »

teeder wrote:We'll be there tonight!
I'd love to take my camera, but I'm sure it would be frowned upon.
I'd don't see why it would. There were loads of people taking pictures in Grand Rapids.
harrek

Post by harrek »

johnallg wrote:
harrek wrote:Sitting here in row 3 waiting for the start. The venue looks to be a great spot to see them at!
Groan..... Post the picks...... Remorse is eating me up.....
Well most of the pictures don't look good this time. Just not the right angle and lighting at this venue.
I've got a couple videos though that I'll get up when I can. They are of Chris doing his bass solo. I sat back
and enjoyed the concert this time as much as possible instead of taking too many pictures also.

As for the show, they were right on track and sounding incredible. Although it was odd to see Chris open
the show with his Fender Jazz bass! He also had his green Mouradian out for a few songs as well as his FOOW
Rick. And of course the RM1999! There was one point when Chris hit his bass pedals that the whole place
practically shook. Steve even went to pull out his in-ear monitor it was so bad. But I found out afterward
that it was the result of a lightning hit outside the venue. It was close enough to set off all the car alarms
in the parking alot from what I was told and affected their equipment for a short time. Was quite funny as
the audience thought the loud pedal tones were great. But the band was not happy!

Brian

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”