Surf Music Heaven!

Reverberations from Duane Eddy and beyond
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Surf Music Heaven!

Post by elreydlp »

62 Videos from the recent Benefit for Eddie Bertrand, lead guitarist and founding member of First-Wave Surf Bands "The Belairs" and "Eddie and the Showmen". Several cool Old School groups. Check out Slacktone and The Secret Samurai for the future of Surf Music. I'm just giving the URL rather than embed because there are so many vids.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 57B4728A6D
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Re: Surf Music Heaven!

Post by kenposurf »

Great..thanks Skip..Epic
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

ITNIT!
Now we need a NorCal benefit with NOM, Meshugga, Frankie, Pollo, etc.!
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

elreydlp wrote:ITNIT!
Yeah..too many folks not feeling well that's for sure..up this way Miles Corbin of the Aqua Velvets has been ill..I took part in a cd doing covers of AV tunes that was sent to him awhile back.
Ferenc sent us an invite to play at the Battle of The Bands but we couldn't make that date....we're out in the sticks..hah
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

kenposurf wrote:
elreydlp wrote:ITNIT!
Yeah..too many folks not feeling well that's for sure..up this way Miles Corbin of the Aqua Velvets has been ill..I took part in a cd doing covers of AV tunes that was sent to him awhile back.
Ferenc sent us an invite to play at the Battle of The Bands but we couldn't make that date....we're out in the sticks..hah
We dedicated "Tailspin" to Miles as well as Danny Amis and Dick Dale at the SG101 Convention. Sadly, the vid started after BTD mentioned Danny-and he wrote the song. You do hear Miles and DD mentioned though. I met Miles when they played a gig in Malibu. My friend Robert Walker (Heyday Records) was distributing their records and asked me to go with him. We met Miles and the guys for dinner along with Jaimie Murray-widow of late Crossfires/Turtles drummer Don Murray. Great time! Also first time I saw The Insect Surfers.
What's Miles' prognosis?

Return to “Instrumental As Anything: by Admin”