Another Alternate Yes....

The genius of Chris Squire
weemac
Veteran RRF member

Re: Another Alternate Yes....

Post by weemac »

just_bassics wrote:Yet more change - there seems to be reason to believe that Geoff Downes and not Oliver Wakeman will be behind the keys for the next phase of Yes... :shock:
Who, what, why, when, where?

emac.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I think it was Rick Wakeman who said in Yesspeak something to the effect that the first 5 guys to show up at any point in time were who were in Yes (at that particular point in time)!
harrek

Post by harrek »

weemac wrote:
just_bassics wrote:Yet more change - there seems to be reason to believe that Geoff Downes and not Oliver Wakeman will be behind the keys for the next phase of Yes... :shock:
Who, what, why, when, where?

emac.
I've read about it on two different sites now. Even had a photo of the new lineup with Geoff Downes. Not
sure if I could put links to it here per the forum rules?

Well I have to say I did like what Oliver was doing in the band. He really seemed to be getting in sync with
the band and was looking forward to seeing what he would contribute to the new album. But the show goes
on and still interested in hearing the new material.
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

harrek wrote: Well I have to say I did like what Oliver was doing in the band. He really seemed to be getting in sync with
the band and was looking forward to seeing what he would contribute to the new album. But the show goes
on and still interested in hearing the new material.
Please don't post links to Yesfans or other forums as it is against the RRF policy. :)

I think Oliver gave a lot of credibility to the new lineup - something about a tall keyboardist named Wakeman just seems fitting. Of course, Geoff's credentials go back 31 years with Yes now, back to Drama (almost hard to believe) and he certainly can handle the task from the technical side. Let's see what Mr. Horn and the band have in store for us in July.

PS We want Squackett released!!!
ram

Post by ram »

I thought Oliver was working out nicely – speculation that his own band may have been pulling him away is out there. Geoff was and most probably will be good. He’s got the chops. Am looking forward to the July release! I am also very happy that Jon is talking the way he is now. Who knows, after a little more recovery time we might see him back in the line-up in a year or two… I do miss him in the Yes format. He offers something quite unique to the blend.
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

ram wrote:...Who knows, after a little more recovery time we might see him back in the line-up in a year or two… I do miss him in the Yes format. He offers something quite unique to the blend.
While I have my doubts about that ever happening, the one thing about Yes and the music business in general is how things can change with a single phone call. They seem to be a forgiving bunch, for the most part and don't hold past grudges for too long (well some do). With Yes' personnel history I wouldn't rule anything out. Whatever they do, I hope the integrity of the music will always come first.
ram

Post by ram »

Yeah – the music always seems to have come first in the past… I was thinking as the others get older and Jon recoups and get some stamina back; perhaps a reduced tour or just some studio colab might happen… They have a lot of history and have, as a group and individually, touched so many others’ lives.
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley
harrek

Post by harrek »

just_bassics wrote:Please don't post links to Yesfans or other forums as it is against the RRF policy. :)
Which is why I didn't....even if tongue in cheek. It's easy enough to find the details via google!
just_bassics wrote:I think Oliver gave a lot of credibility to the new lineup - something about a tall keyboardist named Wakeman just seems fitting. Of course, Geoff's credentials go back 31 years with Yes now, back to Drama (almost hard to believe) and he certainly can handle the task from the technical side. Let's see what Mr. Horn and the band have in store for us in July.
While it was nice to see the Wakeman name in the band, name or not I really thought he was doing a great job. Listening to other music that he had done had me interested in what he would bring to the Yes fold. But Geoff certainly has proven in the past his skills as well. So I still await the new CD.
just_bassics wrote:PS We want Squackett released!!!
YES! We have been teased enough!! :D

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”