Exceptional restoration is in the details

Moderator: jingle_jangle

jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

"FOR MY NEXT ACT..."

Post by jingle_jangle »

"...I'm gonna set my chin patch on fire and drive to Milwaukee..."

Also, read the comments. :lol:
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: "FOR MY NEXT ACT..."

Post by jps »

Is he constantly looking around to make sure the guitar is still there? He makes me think of:
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

I hereby crown thee, "Rex Chinsilk"! :mrgreen:
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
bartyclue
Intermediate Member

Post by bartyclue »

This is just ridiculous. This guitar doesnt have any mojo whatsoever. It just looks abused/neglected. I hope no one listens to this clown.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

He just seems like a really nice earnest (misguided) young fella.

Fender turned the noun "relic" into a verb, and expanded its meaning. However, nothing beats nature and honest neglect.
simer4001
Veteran RRF member

Post by simer4001 »

"took it to the next level." I hope he meant to the level below. This is horriblle
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

I think it's just plain dumb. Dumber even than the Fender idea of "relic"...
:roll:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
chrisdski
Intermediate Member

Post by chrisdski »

jps wrote: He makes me think of:
Hey, isn't that Elys :shock: :D
scotty

Post by scotty »

Mug is fitting......Sorry to say i couldnt be bothered after a couple of minutes so even in posting this Ive wasted enough time..
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

jingle_jangle wrote:He just seems like a really nice earnest (misguided) young fella.

Fender turned the noun "relic" into a verb, and expanded its meaning. However, nothing beats nature and honest neglect.
My sentiments exactly!

When people type "relicing,"I read the text as "re-lice-ing," causing me to think of hundreds of lice infesting the guitar and its case. Blech!

Gee, maybe I should relic my shoes; I could tie them to my feet topside down and run around in gravel for awhile so they look beat up. Ugh.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Just quickly drive by a long picket fence, holding the guitar out the window to smack it into the slats. Repeat as necessary, That oughta relic it it fast! :roll: :lol:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

paologregorio wrote: When people type "relicing,"I read the text as "re-lice-ing," causing me to think of hundreds of lice infesting the guitar and its case. Blech!
Reviewing several guitar forums, it's obvious that that has become the accepted spelling. :shock:

Correct spelling would require a "k" before any sort of suffix, as in "relicked" or "relicking", or "relickable", which some folks might think had something to do with a Popsicle... :mrgreen:
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

jingle_jangle wrote:
paologregorio wrote: When people type "relicing,"I read the text as "re-lice-ing," causing me to think of hundreds of lice infesting the guitar and its case. Blech!
Reviewing several guitar forums, it's obvious that that has become the accepted spelling. :shock:

Correct spelling would require a "k" before any sort of suffix, as in "relicked" or "relicking", or "relickable", which some folks might think had something to do with a Popsicle... :mrgreen:
Yeah, I've seen "relicing" even in some Fender Custom shop literature/web content, IIRC. There's just no proper way to spell that, unless maybe one wanted to punctuate the word with as dash as "relic-ing," but it's too late now; I think the awful spelling just goes hand in hand with the awful concept. :lol: :
Grey
Advanced Member

Post by Grey »

This guy is extremely well-respected in guitar circles. I followed his awesome 'relic' guide on my Les Paul using nothing more than a screwdriver.

I think resale value went up 2 fold. :)

jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

That's more a chew than a lick...

Return to “Reflections of a Curmudgeon: by Paul Wilczynski”