New Music..in July

http://heraldbuzzworthy.blogspot.com/20 ... l?spref=fb

Check out this GREAT interview by Steve

http://www.livestream.com/victoriaadvoc ... m=ui-thumb
weemac
Veteran RRF member

Re: New YES Album.."Fly From Here"

Post by weemac »

A good Interview. He gave Jon and Rick a bit of a bashing though...

emac.
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Hmmm...so its produced by trevor horn,and the title is "fly from here"' i always liked that song......
Fretjob

Post by Fretjob »

Nice, a new album with a big track.

First time I've heard any interviews with Steve. Sounds like a man who knows what he wants. I'm 50/50 on the photograph thing, there is time and place for everything.
harry

Post by harry »

I'll certainly give a listen or two. I liked Drama quite a bit, it was sans Jon and Rick...and Trevor was a performer on that one.
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

I'll give a listen to anything that Chris or Steve lend their talents to, after forty years of listening to their work, they've earned my trust and respect. While I feel that certain songs / records over the years have been better than others, I feel that a weaker product from these guys still beats a lot of other artists best efforts. So, I anxiously await the new release and I'm just thankful that Yes are still creating and haven't gone the way of so many other great prog rockers, into oblivion...

For the record: I removed a post from this thread last night. It was three paragraphs long and was basically just an attack on certain band members for their hand-shaking and photo policies. There was nothing positive in the post regarding music or guitars. There are other forums where you can post stuff like that ad naseum, on this forum it is about Chris Squire (and Steve Howe) and Yes, specifically in terms of their use of Rickenbacker guitars. Many other discussions are welcomed about the band and their music in general, but my policy is to keep it positive in nature. Just as we cannot use the RRF to vent about RIC customer service issues, we also can't use this forum to complain about a bands Meet & Greet policies, etc... I tried to edit the post, but it had nothing to offer pertaining to the thread's main topic.

I've had discussions with Peter about my policies regarding post comments and he has agreed with my point of view on the subject. Remember that Chris is still a member of this forum and even if he isn't checking in daily, he and other members of his family are certainly aware of our forum and do stop by periodically to review topics.

I welcome any member to PM me if they want to discuss it further or need clarification on my position. Fortunately, 99.9% of the folks who post here are respectful in nature. It helps to make moderating this forum a real pleasure. I guess Yes fans really still are a mellow bunch at heart.
ram

Post by ram »

Jim, sorry you had to do that, but thanks. I for one do not envy you all having to do the thread editing – a thankless job. We do say negative things here but more of an observation or personal take not a trashing of ability, equipment or style etc… So thanks for keeping things on an even keel here. I don't want this Forum to ever become one of the cut throat forums....

I am waiting to see what the new album has in it. Seeing Yes last year (sans Jon) was very enjoyable – the lads still have IT. I’ll have to check but I the title song I believe was on a live CD set (The World is Live) put out a little while ago… good tune as I recall.
The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions - George Berkeley
walker
Advanced Member

Post by walker »

Coolness! Looking forward to hearing the new album!
harry

Post by harry »

harry wrote:I'll certainly give a listen or two. I liked Drama quite a bit, it was sans Jon and Rick...and Trevor was a performer on that one.
p.s. - Horn, not Rabin....
songdog

Post by songdog »

I heard from a credible source that there's at least one long composition on it (20+ minutes). I've always felt that Yes's longer pieces gave them their best opportunity to express themselves musically and creatively - so I'm awaiting this album especially eagerly!

Now if they'd just add some tour dates where I wouldn't need airline tickets to get to them....
Turn on, tune up, rock out!
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Any project Yes (Chris and Steve in particular) are excited about writing and performing bodes well for the music in my book. I'm looking forward to it.
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

Before I forget, thanks Mike for posting the interview with Steve. Some of the things Steve said may seem odd to us, but think about realistically. One macho man who thinks a manly handshake is the true sign of a man, and there goes his career.

Ah, the LONG awaited recording, with a LONG SONG to boot....I can't wait. 8)

I agree fully with Jim here. Personally I don't even read the negative posts or frequent the popular YES sites anymore. Some of the hurtful things said make me say OUCH, I can only imagine how they hurt those they are written about.

I've been to a number of shows recently and I'm still amazed at how well these guys play. Trust me, tickets aren't cheap, and money is tight almost everywhere. IF they weren't worth seeing, I'd pocket the money and buy a CD. The live shows are worth every penny and more. The guys seem to be having so much fun doing it too, it's one of the FEW things I can do today and just get "lost" in the music. It's one of those few times that I can forget the problems and issues of life for a little while. You can't put a price on that.
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

from what Steve said,i will be looking forward to the summer tour,when they debut the new songs,hopefully they appear in portland or san francisco. Steve is always an interesting interviewee,ya never quite know where he is going to run with his answers! :)
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

Steve will shake hands with you if you're wearing a cool enough shirt! :lol:

Sorry, inside joke!
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

just_bassics wrote:Steve will shake hands with you if you're wearing a cool enough shirt! :lol:

Sorry, inside joke!
:lol: Shame on you Jim. :wink:

Well, he DID shake hands with me MANY MOONS ago. At Chevy's Bel Aire Cafe back on Long Island, while touring with ASIA. Jim knows the story....All he said to me was "EASY BIG FELLA" when I went to go shake his hand. I guess that's why I'm a little more in-tuned when it comes to the hand shaking business. However, I don't remember what shirt I was wearing at the time. :wink:

When I shook hands with Chris, it was like grabbing onto a bear paw. His hands are HUGE and he had a heck of a grip! 8)

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”