Roger McGuinn's 370-12 at Wolf Trap April 1, 2011

Those who flock to The Byrds
sixtwentytwelve

Roger McGuinn's 370-12 at Wolf Trap April 1, 2011

Post by sixtwentytwelve »

Here's a photo of the 370-12 taken on the stage after Roger McGuinn's April 1, 2011 appearance at Wolf Trap on April 1, 2011 (sorry for the cell phone photo quality). Slotted headstock, plexi TRC, Schaller tuners, 21 frets, wide inlays, standard wiring (no on-board compressor), McGuinn signature guard and -- GASP!!! -- hi-gains; not a toaster in sight. Maybe those hi-gains should be "toasterized" for purposes of nostalgia?!? :lol:
Attachments
McGuinn 370-12 4.1.11.JPG
leftybass
RRF Consultant

Re: Roger McGuinn's 370-12 at Wolf Trap April 1, 2011

Post by leftybass »

Actually, the high-gains on this guitar are the original pickups to this guitar. This is the #3 Byrd 12-string made for Roger in 1970. It originally had the 'Byrd' wiring loom but was removed when the entire guitar was redone at a later time, sometime before the Signature Series 12-strings came out. The peghead slots were cut all the way thru sometime in the mid-late 70s IIRC.....
bvstudios

Post by bvstudios »

sixtwentytwelve wrote:Here's a photo of the 370-12 taken on the stage after Roger McGuinn's April 1, 2011 appearance at Wolf Trap on April 1, 2011 (sorry for the cell phone photo quality). Slotted headstock, plexi TRC, Schaller tuners, 21 frets, wide inlays, standard wiring (no on-board compressor), McGuinn signature guard and -- GASP!!! -- hi-gains; not a toaster in sight. Maybe those hi-gains should be "toasterized" for purposes of nostalgia?!? :lol:
Forgive the noob his simple question here, but "plexi TRC"? Can you 'splain TRC for me, plse? (and yes, I will kick myself once you do, I am sure!) :oops:

<edit> (Later on, the Noob is seen being kicked up and down the stairs by his own left foot....)

T- russ
R- od
C- over

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

bvstudios wrote: Forgive the noob his simple question here, but "plexi TRC"? Can you 'splain TRC for me, plse? (and yes, I will kick myself once you do, I am sure!) :oops:

<edit> (Later on, the Noob is seen being kicked up and down the stairs by his own left foot....)

T- russ
R- od
C- over

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
:lol:
Happens to everyone.
JimK

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”