Stand up bass

Non-Rickenbacker Basses, Fretless Basses & Effects

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

beatlefan

Re: Stand up bass

Post by beatlefan »

[/quote]53,000 original miles with triple SU carburetors. The only thing that has ever happened to the motor is that I got sugared once when I was in grad school, and all it did was carbon up the valves. Flushed the fuel system, cleaned the head, put on a new cylinder head gasket myself, and went on down the road.[/quote]

yeah, but can you play Roundabout on it? :mrgreen:
iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Re: Stand up bass

Post by iiipopes »

beatlefan wrote:
iiipopes wrote:53,000 original miles with triple SU carburetors. The only thing that has ever happened to the motor is that I got sugared once when I was in grad school, and all it did was carbon up the valves. Flushed the fuel system, cleaned the head, put on a new cylinder head gasket myself, and went on down the road.
Yeah, but can you play Roundabout on it? :mrgreen:
No, but I can drive through a roundabout faster than just about anyone else. We actually have a few of them here (which flow counter-clockwise (anti-clockwise in the UK) instead of clockwise because of driving on the right hand side of the road) which is rare for the USA. We even have the first commercially viable "diverging diamond" highway interchanges that are experimental in that on either side of an overpass there is a converging traffic signal and the lanes cross over so that a left turn onto a limited access highway (motorway in the UK) is not against traffic. So for a brief moment, motorists actually do get to drive on the left side of the road legally!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diverging_ ... nterchange

Return to “The Low End”