Peter Banks

The genius of Chris Squire
miguelbass

Peter Banks

Post by miguelbass »

While it's still July the 15th in some parts of the planet, I would like to post here - Happy Birthday, Peter Banks!

Peter Banks was of course a very important part in the beginnings of Yes and indeed a "Rickenbacker-musician" of that era. He was also involved with Chris in the pre-Yes projects and reportedly it was him who came up with the band's name! Musically, Peter Banks left a very strong contribution to the bands early work, and for the continuation of what Yes would be in the future. His Rickenbacker playing was something (like Chris) very distinctive both in tone and technique, and his composition contributions and vocal harmonies with Chris are very beautiful, and in my opinion also set the basis for subsequent Yes work.

On this forum, devoted to Rickenbacker instruments and in particular, in the Chris Squire-Yes section, I would like to evoke the importance of Peter Banks and congratulate and thank him, in this special day, for all the beautiful music.

Miguel
www.miguelbass.com
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Re: Peter Banks

Post by johnallg »

His and Tony Bank's subsequent work in Flash was a continuation of his work in Yes. Well worth the listen. Happy Birthday Peter!
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

Peter's work was never lost on me. My favorite PB track is The Prophet, the stereo panned jazz riffs that follow Tony's wonderful organ intro to the song are sweet!

Always meant to pick up copies of "Can I play you something" and "Two sides of Peter Banks" but never did... they are on the list.

Pete's my FB friend, I'll stop by and wish him a Happy Birthday there.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Happy belated birthday, Peter! :D
Lefty4003S8
Intermediate Member

Post by Lefty4003S8 »

I have always liked Peter's sound/playing on those early YES albums. He added such a GREAT jazz feel.
He was, and probably still is one fantastic guitarist!!!!!!!
Happy Belated Birthday Peter Banks!!!!!!!!

Lefty4003s8

Do not drink from the toilet when taking Lyrica
Do not drink from the toilet when taking Lyrica
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Can't believe I missed this one,happy (very) belated BD,Peter! :oops:
I'm gonna play your remake of "astral traveller" to celebrate!
Remo

Post by Remo »

Happy belated birthday, Peter!

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”