Top 5 Beatles Guitar Solos by Paul McCartney

The history and music of the Fab Four
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Re: Top 5 Beatles Guitar Solos by Paul McCartney

Post by Ivan3000 »

Another Girl does have a great guitar line!
TimWilde

Post by TimWilde »

Not having been personally present at these recording sessions, I can't swear who played what on which session. However, are you aware of the fact that the virtuoso guitarist who actually played on most of these recording sessions is Hugh McCracken? I was acquainted with Hugh as he played on some of my sessions. One day, when my co-writer brought his dog to Hugh's house (for Hugh's mom to babysit for a week), we saw the walls of the living room lined with Beatles albums with notes of gratitude from them for Hugh's guitar playing. I assume they would later learn to play Hugh's solos in order to play them at concerts, where they need not be played as perfectly as when they're being recorded.
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

TimWilde wrote:Not having been personally present at these recording sessions, I can't swear who played what on which session. However, are you aware of the fact that the virtuoso guitarist who actually played on most of these recording sessions is Hugh McCracken? I was acquainted with Hugh as he played on some of my sessions. One day, when my co-writer brought his dog to Hugh's house (for Hugh's mom to babysit for a week), we saw the walls of the living room lined with Beatles albums with notes of gratitude from them for Hugh's guitar playing. I assume they would later learn to play Hugh's solos in order to play them at concerts, where they need not be played as perfectly as when they're being recorded.
:lol:

Return to “Beatles' Forum”