Saw this video...

The genius of Chris Squire
jaymi
Advanced Member

Saw this video...

Post by jaymi »

Look at the bass...it is NOT the RM 1999
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdCHJMpR ... r_embedded#!
woodyng

Re: Saw this video...

Post by woodyng »

Well,it is a lipsynch,with the wrong guitarist,too. Is this not the infamous 21- fretter?
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

Yep, the 21 Fretter, same one as pictured in The Yes Album gatefold and Fragile booklet. I had an amusing conversation with Chris about this bass a few years ago after it "surfaced" in the U.K. I asked him if it was The Yes Album bass and he replied "Yes" to which I replied "The 21 fretter" - Chris then said "I don't know how many frets it has..." :shock: :lol:
miguelbass

Post by miguelbass »

just_bassics wrote:Yep, the 21 Fretter, same one as pictured in The Yes Album gatefold and Fragile booklet. I had an amusing conversation with Chris about this bass a few years ago after it "surfaced" in the U.K. I asked him if it was The Yes Album bass and he replied "Yes" to which I replied "The 21 fretter" - Chris then said "I don't know how many frets it has..." :shock: :lol:
Speaking for self-experience.. I spent many years without knowing how many frets are on a bass.I became aware of that number "21" exactly because of this subject... But, if you ask "is that the bass that goes up to E natural on the G string?" I guess Chris will answer promptly :)

Miguel
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Good point,Miguel!

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”