Searchers Abbey Road?

Answers to your questions about The Searchers
royclough
RRF Consultant

Searchers Abbey Road?

Post by royclough »

Another RC rarity quality not brilliant as on a tape that's being lying round for years but something new!

sowhat
RRF Consultant

Re: Searchers Abbey Road?

Post by sowhat »

Not so easy to hear (a bit too quiet), not to mention distinguish voices and arrangement, but sounds nice.
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

quality not brill admittedly found on some old tapes I had lying around but when I turn it up sounds ok, not CD quality mind
JeffZ

Post by JeffZ »

Nice arrangement, when does this date from Roy? Is it off the BBC? It might have made a good single for them.
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

Mid to late 70s not 100% on exact date, they are'nt either. Yes from BBC radio. Replied to your message.
dbailey62
Veteran RRF member

Post by dbailey62 »

That's great Roy. A very strong performance by the boys. So, based on what I've read here re the time period, this would be Billy on drums sounding tougher than I've ever heard Billy. When I first heard it, prior to reading the posts, I thought it must have been Blunt.'

Either way, I really enjoyed the performance. I'm wracking my brain to think of any other Lennon and McCartney song they might have covered through the years. Nothing comes to mind apart from the story of them being offered "Things We Said Today" if they joined up with NEMS / Brian Epstein.

db

Return to “Searchers' Forum: by Roy Clough”