NEED SOME ADVICE PLEASE

Non-Rickenbacker Guitars & Effects

Moderator: jingle_jangle

LONNIE4003

NEED SOME ADVICE PLEASE

Post by LONNIE4003 »

Sorry bout the caps lol. im thinking of trading my 06 warwick corvette fretless for an 06 ampeg b4r. good trade ???
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Re: NEED SOME ADVICE PLEASE

Post by sloop_john_b »

On the used market, they appear to be of roughly equal value.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Because this is not Riceknbacker-related, don't be surprised if it gets moved to the "The Others" section. :)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
LONNIE4003

Post by LONNIE4003 »

Yes but you see, I'll be playing my Rickenbacker 4003 through it !! :D
RicOSoundMan

Post by RicOSoundMan »

I think I would trade the bass for the amp head as long as you played thru it and like the sound you got from it. Ampeg is a great amp.

My 2 cents worth anyways :shock:
My Ric Basses are:
76' 3000 MG ---09' 4003 MG
77' 3001 MG ---92' 2060 FG
77' 4001 Jetglo---93' 2060 FG
Other
08' Fender "Geddy Lee" Sig. Jazz Bass
82' Kawai F-II-B
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

doctorwho wrote:Because this is not Riceknbacker-related, don't be surprised if it gets moved to the "The Others" section. :)
If Lonnie will discuss playing his Rickenbacker through his new amp, I won't be the one who moves this thread if, it does get moved. There's no bass amp forum. I know there's an amp related forum. The problem is, 85% of the bassists that come to this forum don't stray far from the the Basses Forum, so most of them discuss amps in this forum. (Peter, this is not a hint for a bass amp forum, we have enough forums to read!)
One of the moderators moved the Markbass thread. Wasn't me that moved it. People were discussing playing their Rickenbacker basses through the amps, so I left the thread alone...now the Markbass thread went to a forum where it's mostly guitar players that post. So now it will sink like it fell in quicksand.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

The thread got moved as I typed the above post!
LONNIE4003

Post by LONNIE4003 »

ANYONE PLAY THEY'RE RIC THRU AN AMPEG B4R ???
RicOSoundMan

Post by RicOSoundMan »

Hey Lonnie, I think it'd be a good trade if it gives the vibe ya want from it . I never owned a Ampeg but have played thru some, I like em. Really depends on how much ya like the Warwick. I used to have a Traynor set up that rocked, good low end. Now I play through an Acoustic set up. Their B260 gives me all the thump and tone i need for now. I just play at church this little amp fills it with great sound. The room seats like 200+ to give an idea of room, has vaulted ceiling too sound awesome to me and the folks who listen like it too. Is funny When I bring the Fender or the Kawai, people say Andy where's the Rickenbacker?

So look at your application of it too, as far as value seems even trade. Just my thoughts hope it helps 8)
My Ric Basses are:
76' 3000 MG ---09' 4003 MG
77' 3001 MG ---92' 2060 FG
77' 4001 Jetglo---93' 2060 FG
Other
08' Fender "Geddy Lee" Sig. Jazz Bass
82' Kawai F-II-B
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

rickenbrother wrote:
doctorwho wrote:Because this is not Riceknbacker-related, don't be surprised if it gets moved to the "The Others" section. :)
If Lonnie will discuss playing his Rickenbacker through his new amp, I won't be the one who moves this thread if, it does get moved. There's no bass amp forum. I know there's an amp related forum. The problem is, 85% of the bassists that come to this forum don't stray far from the the Basses Forum, so most of them discuss amps in this forum. (Peter, this is not a hint for a bass amp forum, we have enough forums to read!)
One of the moderators moved the Markbass thread. Wasn't me that moved it. People were discussing playing their Rickenbacker basses through the amps, so I left the thread alone...now the Markbass thread went to a forum where it's mostly guitar players that post. So now it will sink like it fell in quicksand.
Yeah-send all the bass stuff to me :lol:

We seriously need a sub forum on the Bass section titled Bass Heads(haha) or something like that specifically geared towards "other than RIC basses and gear" topics. Placed as a subforum on the Bass section would ensure maximum exposure for our Bass players, as well as end all of the "send this topic here and there" stuff. I get sent all of the bassplaying stuff,( which is not good because I am not what you would call any kind of an expert on Basses), and a lot of folks who could productively contribute to the discussions never see it. I end up missing posts lost in a sea of "look at my bass" stuff and that doesn't help either.

Don't get me wrong, I love ya low end folks, but you really need your own section to get the most out of this forum. We have an awesome assortment of extremely knowlegdeable folks who could step up and do it I'm sure.

Just my 2 cents on how we may better serve the community :D
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

whojamfan wrote:Yeah-send all the bass stuff to me :lol:

We seriously need a sub forum on the Bass section titled Bass Heads(haha) or something like that specifically geared towards "other than RIC basses and gear" topics. Placed as a subforum on the Bass section would ensure maximum exposure for our Bass players, as well as end all of the "send this topic here and there" stuff. I get sent all of the bassplaying stuff,( which is not good because I am not what you would call any kind of an expert on Basses), and a lot of folks who could productively contribute to the discussions never see it. I end up missing posts lost in a sea of "look at my bass" stuff and that doesn't help either.

Don't get me wrong, I love ya low end folks, but you really need your own section to get the most out of this forum. We have an awesome assortment of extremely knowlegdeable folks who could step up and do it I'm sure.

It wasn't me that sent this your way, Mikey. I completely agree with you. But what do I know? I'm just a bass player. But that's why I bought a guitar today ( a 430). Maybe I'll seem like I know something now. :roll: :twisted:
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

LONNIE4003 wrote:ANYONE PLAY THEY'RE RIC THRU AN AMPEG B4R ???
I believe Kevin Teed used to play through a B4R. Maybe he'll chime in.
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

rickenbrother wrote:
whojamfan wrote:Yeah-send all the bass stuff to me :lol:

It wasn't me that sent this your way, Mikey. I completely agree with you. But what do I know? I'm just a bass player. But that's why I bought a guitar today ( a 430). Maybe I'll seem like I know something now. :roll: :twisted:
Haha-bet it's a Jetglo 430! I don't know who sent it to me, but I just think these issues are better served in a place they can't be missed. Hope to see you soon Joey! :D
LONNIE4003

Post by LONNIE4003 »

Oh wow, i'm getting moved around so huch i'm dizzy lol well heres the "new deal" someone else is offering me $600 for the warwick,, the guy w/the ampeg b4r is asking $500 or a trade for the warwick !! if i play my cards right i may come out on the plus side of this deal. still haven't found anyone with b4r experiance yet. but it should be better than the behringer 450 watt head im using,,, right ???
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

LONNIE4003 wrote:Oh wow, i'm getting moved around so huch i'm dizzy lol well heres the "new deal" someone else is offering me $600 for the warwick,, the guy w/the ampeg b4r is asking $500 or a trade for the warwick !! if i play my cards right i may come out on the plus side of this deal. still haven't found anyone with b4r experiance yet. but it should be better than the behringer 450 watt head im using,,, right ???
That I can definitely say yes to. I have two Ampeg heads.

http://www.ampeg.com/pdf/B4R.PDF
http://www.ampeg.com/products/b/b4r/index.html

It's two, two, two amps in one. :lol:

Return to “Forum 51 - The Quest For Tone: by Mike Snow”