I Put The Gold Plastic On The Blue Guitar

Modern years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1984 to the present

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Re: I Put The Gold Plastic On The Blue Guitar

Post by iiipopes »

jingle_jangle wrote:Cub Scout merit badge in Rickenbackers! :D
Sorry, boss: only Boy Scouts have merit badges, worn on the sash, along with rank patches worn on the shirt and the various other patches denoting Council, Troop, Leadership Position and other affiliations. Cub Scouts have rank patches, arrow points, and activity pins, all worn on the shirt, and activity belt loops. And to complicate that, the current Webelos rank is considered as a transition, not entirely Cub Scouts anymore, with a hybrid uniform.
BTW: a Boy Scout can still earn bugling and general music merit badges.

Yeah, my wife and I have been Scouters for my son's Pack, now Troop, for over seven years now, and my wife is the District popcorn sales "Kernel" (Colonel -- pun and double entendre absolutely intended!) My son, in spite of his Asperger's Syndrome, is currently is a Life Scout, turns 14 this month, and is working on completeing the rest of his Eagle-required merit badges this year so he can start planning his Eagle project in 2013. Troop 2, Ozark Trails Council, Springfield, Missouri:

http://ozarktroop2.com/OzarkTroop2.com/Troop_Home.html
Attachments
cs2.jpg
last

Post by last »

I think the gold is cool and I don't even like gold. It's just more subtle and natural looking to me. White's too clean and bright. Makes it look more vintage, really.

The wood looks rad too. I'd like to see some of that in person.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have to say that I think that the gold with the blue is a brilliant move and I like it better than the white.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Post by Tommy »

Thanks, folks.

There is something that I don't necessarily like. Very odd, but the gold on the blue creates a completely different vibe for the guitar than the white. When I open the case and take out the guitar, the warmth of the gold and blue actually creates a different mood for me than the bright, poppy white on blue did. More mellow, almost a calming feel. I prefer the POP you get of the white.

You may find that odd, but it is true. The color affects one's approach to many things, including guitars.
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Post by Tommy »

Have to say Prince's lyric at 1:53 was always one of my favorites. Always loved that little line.

"See the man with the blue guitar,
maybe one day he'll be a star."

Maybe, Prince. Maybe.

Folkie
Advanced Member

Post by Folkie »

That Midnight Blue 330 with the gold pickguards and TRC is simply stunning, Tommy. And so is yours, Sascha! I'm thinking my next Ric might be a Blueboy! That is, if RAS gets the better of me! :evil:
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Post by Tommy »

Thanks.

I took a few new pictures that really capture the majesty of the blue and gold combo:

cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Ooh, blue & gold just go together SO nicely!
8) 8) 8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Post by iiipopes »

Verse I of Wallace Stevens, "The Man with the Blue Guitar"

The man bent over his guitar,
A shearsman of sorts. The day was green.

They said, "You have a blue guitar,
You do not play things as they are."

The man replied, "Things as they are
Are changed upon the blue guitar."

And they said then, "But play, you must,
A tune beyond us, yet ourselves,

A tune upon the blue guitar
Of things exactly as they are."
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Post by Tommy »

iiipopes wrote:Verse I of Wallace Stevens, "The Man with the Blue Guitar"
Wow, that was pretty damn fantastic.

I remember Wallace Stevens for his "Emperor Of Ice Cream" poem. Didn't know he was better at writing about blue guitars than ice cream. That's a really great verse you posted there. Thanks a ton for that.

I do like Prince's simplicity: "See the man with the blue guitar, maybe one day he'll be a star;" however, Steven's "Things as they are, Are changed upon the blue guitar" is wonderful.

I was kind of wondering why when I play a Smith's song or a Who song on my blue 330 it sounds nothing like a Smith's song or a Who song. Definitely things "are changed upon the blue guitar." :D

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Modern Years - After 1983”