New Byrds Cover from Studio Z--"I See You"

Those who flock to The Byrds
vynesmusic

New Byrds Cover from Studio Z--"I See You"

Post by vynesmusic »

Well, Jim....here it is.....this was a tough one, as was "Tribal Gathering"..... :roll:

This is off the Byrds "5D" album....I appreciate drummer Michael Clarke more that ever....he and Ringo were jealously underrated :oops:

That's all me on vocals, a real drum set, Rick 12, acoustic, Strat and P-bass.....

Submitted for the approval of my notorious Byrd brothers on the RRF forum:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11347112
"All these things will be lost in time....like....tears....in rain...."----Roy Batty, Bladerunner
drumbob
RRF Consultant

Re: New Byrds Cover from Studio Z--"I See You"

Post by drumbob »

I miss the claves. If I had the gear to do it, you could send me the file and I could overdub them.
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Except for the missing claves, it's very faithful to the original. Only things I get a little fussy about are the entrances of the vocal parts. There are place-ce-ses where they don't quite line up, and it's particularly noticeable on the consonant of S. But that's the would-be choral director in me. Overall a nice job.
JimK
vynesmusic

Post by vynesmusic »

jimk wrote:Except for the missing claves, it's very faithful to the original. Only things I get a little fussy about are the entrances of the vocal parts. There are place-ce-ses where they don't quite line up, and it's particularly noticeable on the consonant of S. But that's the would-be choral director in me. Overall a nice job.
JimK
Yep----wish I had the time to fix those things---recording is done in fits and bursts, whenever I can be assured of not disturbing somebody--especially with drums...
Mostly, I just want to play certain songs, from start to finish, just to see if I can pull it off....like I've said before, I've got nothing to lose nor gain anymore----it is nice that someone listened to the tune and took the time to comment---thanks very much! :D
"All these things will be lost in time....like....tears....in rain...."----Roy Batty, Bladerunner
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Yeah, lots of fun, innit? Did a little of that myself this afternoon. Nothing Byrds-like however. And there are too many rough spots that need fixing to post it on the web. :oops:
JimK
DoubleThink

Post by DoubleThink »

I really enjoy your take on this. Sweet lead/12 work. Whoever did it: Kudos. Vocals rock.
Rics ... and some other stuff....

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”