rare track uncovered

Answers to your questions about The Searchers
royclough
RRF Consultant

rare track uncovered

Post by royclough »

I was recently sent some tapes primarily of another group though a connection to Searchers, in amongst the stuff on the tapes were two tracks and the Index cover stated Searchers.

The tracks were rather at too fast a speed to be certain it was the Searchers though I was sure one was however with the help of a young man from US who is a fan, mamaged to clean tracks up, one I feel sure is actually Gerry And The Pacemakers I have however uploaded the other and I am certain this is the Searchers.

However not a full version but this is all I have

Amusingly some guy on facebok stated can't be that rare if I have it in my collection, I have asked him to tell me how he has it and in what format, hope to post another rarity soon but really need to pass it by person who gave me tape to be polite.

dbailey62
Veteran RRF member

Re: rare track uncovered

Post by dbailey62 »

royclough wrote:I was recently sent some tapes primarily of another group though a connection to Searchers, in amongst the stuff on the tapes were two tracks and the Index cover stated Searchers.

The tracks were rather at too fast a speed to be certain it was the Searchers though I was sure one was however with the help of a young man from US who is a fan, mamaged to clean tracks up, one I feel sure is actually Gerry And The Pacemakers I have however uploaded the other and I am certain this is the Searchers.

However not a full version but this is all I have

Amusingly some guy on facebok stated can't be that rare if I have it in my collection, I have asked him to tell me how he has it and in what format, hope to post another rarity soon but really need to pass it by person who gave me tape to be polite.

That's great Roy. Sounds terrific. BTW "the nerve of that guy".

So, would you hazard to guess that this is a BBC performance?

db
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

I am told the track appeared on a bootleg emanating from Russia, yes I would say BBC session round about 64 waiting for confirmation from Frank Allen, he tells me he will ask John McNally because he doesn't recall it.
dbailey62
Veteran RRF member

Post by dbailey62 »

royclough wrote:I am told the track appeared on a bootleg emanating from Russia, yes I would say BBC session round about 64 waiting for confirmation from Frank Allen, he tells me he will ask John McNally because he doesn't recall it.
Thanks for posting it Roy. A true rarity. And thanks for the Yahoo connection too! :)
mdenger
Veteran RRF member

Post by mdenger »

To meit sounds as find Tony & Mike share the vocals, so no surprise Frank Allen doesn't remember.

Michael
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

I don't hear Tony in the mix Michael and I ma fairly sure as I know where tape came from that Tony wasn't even on this.
mdenger
Veteran RRF member

Post by mdenger »

Listened to it again and you're right it seems to be Mike. I believed to hear Tony in a small section starting with "any old way", especially sing "any" sounds to me like Tony can be heard. But I'm not too sure.

Michael
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There are two voices in unison here and not just double tracked. Listen to 1:14 or so when the vocal parts are not synchronized. The bass style and tone is very typical of Tony Jackson. Please let us know of the origin of the recording if you are able Roy. Just in passing a very tame version of Rock and Roll Music.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

Frank Allen asked if I could transfer some very old recordings of his band before The Searchers onto cd, I found this on the tape a friend cleaned the sound up but even FA unsure he thingks it may have been a BBC session track.

I'll ask John or Mike but you have to pick your moment.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the details Roy. Wow, what a find. May the force be with you when you pick your moment. :)
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Searchers' Forum: by Roy Clough”