'77 Sandman @ Station 59

Let Us Know About Your Performances Past, Present and Future
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Re: '77 Sandman @ Station 59

Post by gregga41 »

Thanks so much Brian. We need you to 'Like' the page itself, not just the links. :D
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

I "liked" the page a while back Greg. :mrgreen:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

You were one of the first Brian! Your support has always been sensational my friend. :D
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

After nearly 3 years together, '77 sandman have called it a day. :( Now finding ourselves with 3 positions to fill, my bass player and I decided it was time to pull the pin. Fitting that the 2 main guys left standing in this band are Rick players!! Thanks to everyone here for your support. :D We leave you with the bands signature song, this very song was the main influence on me to form '77 Sandman back in late 2009. Enjoy!
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

That's sad, Greg but as we both know, people come and go when you're basically doing it for fun - priorities can change very quickly and people are often looking for new challenges.

Sit back, have a few drinks, relive the good times and work out where you want to go from here. It's real tough when you are the band leader, too - can be a very thankless and frustrating thing. Maybe you might want to become a sheep rather than remain as the shepherd. :wink:
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Sorry to hear that Greg. Howard seems to have offered some sage advice. Perhaps just look to be a sideman in another band for a while. There's a whole lot less stress attached to that position.

For example, I stopped being the global moderator here a while back and I am doing just fine quietly plonking away in the background. :lol:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

Gregg, there are lots of nice guys/girls to put together a new rockin' affair :wink: , as Aitch said - look at the road ahead of you, every end is a new beginning. But take care of your Sandman-Picks , they are turning into collector items now ! I will keep mine, maybe will sell it in a few years on the bay and buy another Rick :lol:

Return to “My Gig Forum”