Fender Bassman Pro amps

Non-Rickenbacker Basses, Fretless Basses & Effects

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

fireglo
Veteran RRF member

Fender Bassman Pro amps

Post by fireglo »

Anybody try the new Fender bassman pro amps? If so, what did you think about them?
pehayes2

Re: Fender Bassman Pro amps

Post by pehayes2 »

Tim,

I ordered the Fender 100T (100 watt) Bassman Pro and two 4 X 10 neo cabinets the day they were announced at NAMM last Feb. (I’d seen the discussion about them on another website so I was really interested in getting one). I received the amp 5 days later and I have to say, that it’s a fantastic sounding amp. The full rig is not cheap, but next to my dog, probably one of my best purchases.

The tones you can get out of it are impressive and varied. As you may know, I play in a Byrds Tribute band. I also play in a Pat Benatar Tribute. This amp spans the sounds for both worlds. I can get a really deep sounding (yet clear as a bell) bass sound, to the Entwistle biting growl.

It’s such a fun amp, I now insist on bringing it to the rehearsal studio instead of using the GK that they have, and I still get a smile on my face every time I play through it.

If you have any specific questions, please, ask me and I will try and give you an unbiased answer.

Pat
Attachments
Fender 100T Bassman
Fender 100T Bassman
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Very nice, Pat! 8) I'd like to hear one of those with a couple of 2-15 cabinets.
pehayes2

Post by pehayes2 »

Tim,

I believe that 15 cabinets that were released with the 100T and the 300 Super Bassman heads are only 1 X 15 neo. Although they seemed priced right.
fireglo
Veteran RRF member

Post by fireglo »

I think they would be great amps too! However, I would have no use for the distortion channel. Do you use it? I wonder if you could use full range speakers and use it for both bass and guitar. Would the distortion work with a guitar? I also like the option to cut the power down to 25 watts.

Made any videos of you playing through it?

Thanks!
pehayes2

Post by pehayes2 »

I don't use the distortion and blend. I like it clean. I use the 25 watt switch when rehearsing with the Byrds Collective, and probably will use the interal sink the next time we record, instead of going directly into the board.

There's enough high end on the active tone stack, that I'm sure you could use full range speakers. The distortion would sound good for a guitar.
fireglo
Veteran RRF member

Post by fireglo »

Thanks Pat!

Return to “The Low End”