Color of the year?

Modern years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1984 to the present

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

TomLovesRics

Color of the year?

Post by TomLovesRics »

Is Ric ever going to do a color of the year again?
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Color of the year?

Post by jps »

Probably not for a while especially now, as they have reintroduce Ruby as a standard color from now on (excellent choice IMHO). :D

So, buy a Ruby instrument and call it a day. 8)
jch
Intermediate Member

Post by jch »

I'd still rather have a model of the year. :wink:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

jch wrote:I'd still rather have a model of the year. :wink:
Ruby would a nice name for her, too. :wink: :mrgreen: 8)
Keef

Post by Keef »

Boy, I'd love Sea Foam Green, but that's been done right?
It's my favorite of the kitchy colors and it looks so good with all the chrome of a v63 :)
TomLovesRics

Post by TomLovesRics »

Have they ever done a model of the year?
jch
Intermediate Member

Post by jch »

Not to my knowledge.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Unless you count the one-offs. 'Course, there are sometimes more than one of 'em in a year and sometimes none...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Perhaps the limited edition 75th Anniversary Models or the 325/12v63, 425v63 and 450v63 reissue models manufactured in 1999 would be model of the year examples. Or the recent limited run of walnut bursts in 2012. I know I am forgetting a number of reissues made for Japan as in the 4001 PMC models. Help me out here someone. :shock:
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
TomLovesRics

Post by TomLovesRics »

Walnut bursts? Does anyone have a pic?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
rkbsound
Veteran RRF member

Post by rkbsound »

As I've always thought that RIC could have a successful Custom Shop, it's occurred to me lately that they do have one. It seems that there are shipments of guitars of different colors or configurations to dealers around the world, but that these guitars are not well advertised and in very small quantity. But they do exist. Perhaps we don't know because it's between RIC and those dealers, or maybe I don't know where to look on the RIC website. I recently lamented that there are no White 6 string guitars, and lo-and-behold, there are. Shhhh!

To me, the difference between the RIC "Custom Shop" and the "others" is that the quantities are very small and quality likely very high. I am totally unimpressed with the Custom Shop offerings of the mass manufacturers, so keep it up, RIC!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It is hard to have a Custom Shop when the Factory is already at 100% capacity. I am pleased that RIC has squeezed in custom or special runs and have always marveled as to how they manage to do this while keeping up with the backlog. It must be bedlam on the Factory floor during these periods.

As an aside, visions of walnut burst skill keep dancing in my head. I so like it when they turn it up to 11. :)

Clint
Intermediate Member

Post by Clint »

mmm...Walnutburst.
Jangle, Chime & Twang.
Fred Mertz

Post by Fred Mertz »

Will this diminish the value of Burgandyglo models? I have a '02 360/12 in Burgandyglo just wonderin'?
Fred Mertz

runs with scissors......

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Modern Years - After 1983”