"pink fern"

Non-Rickenbacker Guitars & Effects

Moderator: jingle_jangle

octagon

"pink fern"

Post by octagon »

I got this Fernandes "The Revival". It's like Lee from Sonic Youth's "pink fern"
(bottom picture).

johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Re: "pink fern"

Post by johnallg »

No it's not! The stickers are missing! :lol: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Nice, and I like the color.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

johnallg wrote:No it's not! The stickers are missing! :lol: :lol: :twisted: :lol:
...And that's a good thing...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
octagon

Post by octagon »

Haha,it's not an exact match to Lee's guitar. The headstock slightly different.

ImageImage

I think Billie Joe Armstrong's blue strat is a Fernandes that his dad gave him. I have to ask my college roomate. He was Greenday's agent in the 90s.

antipodean

Post by antipodean »

This may get me shot, but I love these Japanese Fender copies. The high-end Fernandes and Tokais are my favourites. They rivalled or surpassed the US product of the day at a much lower pricing point, which is why Fender Japan came into being.

I note that Lee's guitar is an export model - the headstock difference was apparently enough of a change to pass muster in the US. Your version is either pre-lawsuit era or domestic Japanese stock Mitch, probably the latter.
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
octagon

Post by octagon »

antipodean wrote:This may get me shot, but I love these Japanese Fender copies. The high-end Fernandes and Tokais are my favourites. They rivalled or surpassed the US product of the day at a much lower pricing point, which is why Fender Japan came into being.

I note that Lee's guitar is an export model - the headstock difference was apparently enough of a change to pass muster in the US. Your version is either pre-lawsuit era or domestic Japanese stock Mitch, probably the latter.
Thanks Evan! I got my guitar yesterday. Reading all the info I can glean from the internet it looks like my guitar was probably made between 1984 and 1990. I'd have to take the neck off to find the actual date it was made. I don't want do that now because it has new strings and plays really nice. The pickups really good.I really think this is the best strat that I have owned(even if it is not really a strat).

Last edited by octagon on Tue May 01, 2012 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Burgundy Mist...just lovely.
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Poiple :mrgreen:

Return to “Forum 51 - The Quest For Tone: by Mike Snow”