Tech 21 VT Bass Deluxe or Radial Bassbone...

Non-Rickenbacker Basses, Fretless Basses & Effects

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Tech 21 VT Bass Deluxe or Radial Bassbone...

Post by rickenbrother »

Trying to decide which one of these two I want to pick up. I've heard the Bassbone and also the Radial Firefly...very impressive! The Firefly is a bit expensive though and I don't think would fit well on my pedalboard. I've not heard the Tech 21 VT Bass Deluxe, but I've read posts from people on a forum that yaps about bass that it's too trebley from the DI no matter how the controls on it or the bass guitar are set. :?
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
woodyng

Re: Tech 21 VT Bass Deluxe or Radial Bassbone...

Post by woodyng »

Wouldn't you run the di from your Markbass head anyway? Or are u talking about a non-amp situation? The main reason to use the VT imo is to get a tubey sound,which i also presume you get with your markbass dual preamp head....
I have no experience with the radial,but them talking bass folks seems to like them a lot. :wink:
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Re: Tech 21 VT Bass Deluxe or Radial Bassbone...

Post by rickenbrother »

woodyng wrote:Wouldn't you run the di from your Markbass head anyway? Or are u talking about a non-amp situation?
I've done countless gigs. I haven't always had my choice of how my signal would go to the PA. Some soundmen have insisted on using their own DI box even when there was a perfectly good DI right on my amp. Got sick of that many years ago and got the Sansamp BDDI, but I want to replace it with something that doesn't kill mids if I don't want it to. I want to make sure I sound the way I want to sound when my signal goes into a PA. Some soundmen have used a DI as well as mic'ed my amp, some have only mic'ed my amp.
And yes, having your own tone shaping DI box helps in a non amp situation. I've only had that happen a few times, but you never know when the occasion comes up.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)

Return to “The Low End”