Timeline for BT models?

Modern years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1984 to the present

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

deadllama

Timeline for BT models?

Post by deadllama »

I haven't been able to find info on how long the black hardware/black trim guitars were made. I assume it was from around the mid 80's to the early 90's? Those seem to be the only years I see them from. Are there exact records for this kind of thing?

(The mapleglo/BT guitars look killer.)
'92 360/6 MG BT, '11 620/6 FG, Tele Deluxe, AC15, ten fingers.

nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
cjj
RRF Moderator

Re: Timeline for BT models?

Post by cjj »

deadllama wrote: (The mapleglo/BT guitars look killer.)
+1,000,000!
8) 8) 8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
emjayw

Post by emjayw »

Not sure how long they were produced but they were in the catalogs for quite a while. My '86 620/12 Mapleglo/BT was an odd one in that it came with Schaller "Kluson-Style" black finish machines, which were not used very long before everything switched to the Schaller Mini's in BT. I still have an extra set of six of these rare tuners that I bought to restore my '86, only to trade it away after I found an '05 360/12 Mapleglo to replace it. The '86 had the nicest yellow tint to it after 20 years. Mike in TX
deadllama

Post by deadllama »

emjayw wrote: The '86 had the nicest yellow tint to it after 20 years. Mike in TX
My '92 MG/BT has turned the most gorgeous amber shade. I love looking at it almost as much as I love playing it.

Side note, I felt sort of old when I first got my hands on my 360 and looked at the black Schaller mini's. "Made in W. Germany." I had forgotten that was a place, once upon a time. :shock:
'92 360/6 MG BT, '11 620/6 FG, Tele Deluxe, AC15, ten fingers.

nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

I think they made them thru at least '98. Maybe a year longer.
redamber

Post by redamber »

There is a very comprehensive set of responses to this question under the heading of 'Black Trim', a thread I initiated in 'Rickenbacker General' just over a month ago. I certainly learnt a lot about BT and would recommend this to you.
Santa visits only once a year, but Santa Ana delivers Rics all year round.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Modern Years - After 1983”