RE-C58 one off! Help!

The short-scale model that changed history

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Re: RE-C58 one off! Help!

Post by aceonbass »

Edgar....Sounds like a lot of the same rational that the rip-off artist who built the guitar probably used, and it's not hard to get any of the parts on this guitar either. Go over to RIC's corporate page and see how they feel about this over there. Better yet, ask JH if you should leave the truss rod cover on, and see how he feels about you misrepresenting the guitar as one of his products. You traded a real Fender for a fake Rick. I think since JH's pronouncement of this as a fake, that this thread should be moved to the faker part of the RRF. This instrument is another example of why those of us with REAL Ricks who've needed a TRC have to send another one AND $50.00 to RIC to get one.
8577edgar

Post by 8577edgar »

Thanks for you input. Just ha a few questions about my new guitar and I got the answers. I can now go on doing what I do best recording, performing, and playing sweet guitars! :) I get the vibe that some people on this forum are more like fanboys than they are musicians. Not a very welcoming environent, anyway thanks none the less! peace! keep on rockin'....I mean collecting lol :lol:
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

I'm not a fanboy or a collector, but I have been playing REAL Ricks, among other basses, for over 35 years.
Hotzenplotz
Intermediate Member

Post by Hotzenplotz »

I disagree about this "fake" theme.

He bought a guitar that is not the real thing. Sad enough. Sorry, but to ask JH if it is o.k. to keep the TRC is way to much dependent, IMHO.
E.g.: Based on german law he could call the police and receive the money back from the seller (if he knows his name, he told so). The seller has to tell where it is from and the game starts again. (Telling where it is from and so on.) If you can not tell where it is from you lose your money. The guitar would be called up as a piece of evidence. After a court procedure it would be destroyed. - Well documented in the perfect german way, of course.

It is quite a different theme when he wants to sell that guitar. In that case he has to respect the law (and to sell the guitar and the TRC separately).

BTW: I own an original Rickenbacker guitar with a self made (so fake!) TRC. The original is (and stays) in a drawer - Oops!
Why this? I can not accept the quality of the molded version. My version is even better than the vintage TRC (the paint adheres better). And this was a good chance for a switch to matching gold guards (self made, too).

Since I have done that the guitar feels much more mine than ever before. And for me it is perfect looking now.
And to make it clear: This TRC is an individual item, only for MY use. - I respect the law.
Melma

Post by Melma »

I'm pretty sure the TRC on my 320 is a faker. It was a little upsetting to be lied to about its origins, but I haven't done anything about it because it looks decent enough and I cannot be bothered to deal with the hassles and expense of getting a real one. I feel better about having a fake badge on a real guitar than I would with a real badge on a fake guitar, put it that way.

Return to “Rickenbacker Vintage 325 Models: by Glen Lambert”