Rickenbacker "emergency" sale

Modern years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1984 to the present

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Medicus1963

Rickenbacker "emergency" sale

Post by Medicus1963 »

hi all
i have something really hard to decide. Due to financial problems i have to sell either my 660-12 midnight blue or my 325c58 alderglo with Lennon mods ( i have a jetglo one in reserve). which one wouls you choose?
i know really really hard to decide
i need your help

thanks peter
All you need is love and a rick !
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Re: Rickenbacker "emergency" sale

Post by xpitt »

Peter, sorry to hear you have to part with one of your Ricks. :( It depends on what stuff you are playing these days. You have that "Trio" of shortscales. And you just purchased that MID 660-12, wonderful guitar ! If I was in your place I would part with one of the shortscales and keep the 660-12. But that's only my two cents...
Medicus1963

Post by Medicus1963 »

thanks alex
but the trio is not any more i had to sell the 325v63 a week before
normally i play the lennon stuff and the 325c58 are disconti ued models and
hard to get, but the 660/12 is a model still in production
thanks

peter
Clint
Intermediate Member

Post by Clint »

So sorry to hear of your troubles. As you say, the 660/12 is still in production and that's something to keep in mind. Also, sometimes you can have a real connection with a certain guitar that has nothing to do with its resale value or collectability; it's just the one.

Another way is to leave it up to fate. Put them both up for sale. As soon as one sells, stop the sale on the one that's left and keep it.
Jangle, Chime & Twang.
Folkie
Advanced Member

Post by Folkie »

I'd keep the 660/12. That's just MY two cents! :lol:
T28

Post by T28 »

Easier to replace the 660-12 at a later date.
Clint
Intermediate Member

Post by Clint »

One more thing to consider is this, do you have any other valuables to sell that will bring in the money you need? If there are other things that you could do without, maybe you could figure out a way to keep your guitars.

In any event, I hope your money troubles are resolved quickly.
Jangle, Chime & Twang.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Which one do you actually play more?
Medicus1963

Post by Medicus1963 »

Hi Jeffrey,
I really play all of them, just what song i have to do, and i love all of my guitars, most of them are unique, only the two 325C58 are "double" but one jetglo the other alderglo !

Hard hard hard !!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Peter, hearing you talk your roots and commitment seem to go deeper with the 325C58s than the 660/12.

For sentimental reasons I would hold on to the Lennon guitars and let the 660/12 go.

As things stand now, you can always get another 660/12 should you decide at a later date.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Medicus1963

Post by Medicus1963 »

thanks for all you folks in sharing my feelings. Maybe i can find a way to sell some other stuff and keep my guitars.
thank you all!

Peter
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

Clint wrote:One more thing to consider is this, do you have any other valuables to sell that will bring in the money you need? If there are other things that you could do without, maybe you could figure out a way to keep your guitars.
Some of the RRF members here suffering from the serious form of RAS even considered to sell one kidney before they'd part with a Rick ! And then there would be enough money left for another Rick...8)
Medicus1963

Post by Medicus1963 »

Hi Alex,

Ah ! Organtransplantation could be the solution, blood donation etc.. But you must know that i am physician, and I know that donation of a hundred gallons of blood will take a lot of time and is , believe me , very, very unhealthy. ;))
I just started to give some bridges and my Vox Python Strap into the bay and then wait. I still have some time and do not need the money tomorrow.
After this I have a non Rick 12 string acoustic from Art and Lutherie to sell, not very pricey but o.k.. It is just to please my wife and having the will to reduce my inventory.

Peter

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Modern Years - After 1983”