New from Studio Z--"Christmas Girl"

Those who flock to The Byrds
vynesmusic

New from Studio Z--"Christmas Girl"

Post by vynesmusic »

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11822590

Jim, this is one you might get a kick out of....if you don't, I understand.......I wrote this based on actual events in Naperville, Illinois circa 1964-1968.

I recorded this on a Tascam MK-II 488 8-track cassette recorder, and mastered it to Cubase LE5.

The Byrds woulda loved this tune fershure........ :roll:

Regards, G from Studio Z
"All these things will be lost in time....like....tears....in rain...."----Roy Batty, Bladerunner
jimk
RRF Consultant

Re: New from Studio Z--"Christmas Girl"

Post by jimk »

I like the song. As far as the mix goes, I think it's a little too heavy on the kick drum.
JimK
vynesmusic

Post by vynesmusic »

jimk wrote:I like the song. As far as the mix goes, I think it's a little too heavy on the kick drum.
JimK
You are correct, sir.....I put it out there for some reaction......I have a better mixed version I may post later, but I have not really decided if I like the song myself.... :roll: :oops: :shock:
"All these things will be lost in time....like....tears....in rain...."----Roy Batty, Bladerunner
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Oh.....and one more thing: You don't have to call me "Sir." I work for a living. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
JimK
vynesmusic

Post by vynesmusic »

jimk wrote:Oh.....and one more thing: You don't have to call me "Sir." I work for a living. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
JimK
OY!......I no longer work for a living and am besotted with guilt.......NOT :roll:

You'll always be in the RRF Officer Corps to me..... :lol:

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”